Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    User

Default Re: Wetpack test in 40 S & W

Quote Originally Posted by Adri View Post
    Hi Grom, have you used reloaded xtp or shop bought? I am getting stopages with xtp reloads, then used taper crimps but still got the odd stopage.

Regards
    I have loaded my own 115gr and 124gr 9x19 XTP's with no issues. I've found that the LEE factory crimp (not taper crimp!) 4th stage, has definately made a difference to the feed reliability of my handloads. What brass are you using Adri? OAL? Taper crimp? Keep in mind that the factory loaded XTP's have a shorter OAL than I would load them at. I would recommend somewhere around 28.8-29.0 OAL.

User
    Living in Kempton Park working in Randburg

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    LEE factory crimp (not taper crimp!) 4th stage, has definately made a difference to the feed reliability of my handloads. What brass are you using Adri? OAL? Taper crimp? Keep in mind that the factory loaded XTP's have a shorter OAL than I would load them at. I would recommend somewhere around 28.8-29.0 OAL.
    Hi Bredank, I will check out the facrory crimp, the RCBS taper crimp sorted my. 45 loose heads and stopages on old brass out but looks like 9x19 is a different beast, I used the somchem ms200 jhp specifications which is shorter oal than the normal rn or ball. I used new pmp brass, new nobleteq brass and also old range brass, picked up the same issue with all 3 batches of 50 rounds

Thanks for the new ideas!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Believe me, the Ranger T series is a massive step up from the Black Talon SXT and later Ranger SXT.
    The redesign has gone a long way to address issues like core jacket slippage/separation with the earlier Ranger SXT. This is esp true for the 127gr +P+ 9x19 version.
    I visually compared the older Ranger Supreme SXT 165gr to the newer Ranger T 165gr and the opening is quite different, the newer round is wider and angled differently...it looks like it is more prone to expansion than the old one...as soon as I get a change I will test both into wetpack.
    Is there a range near the Randburg area that will allow me to conduct such expansion tests?
    I have the following rounds to do: Elderado Starfire, Ranger T, Ranger SXT, CorBon 135gr/165gr/140gr, WW Silvertip, Rem GS 165/180gr, Magtec GG 180gr, Speer GD 165gr, Hornady 165gr.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10