User

Default Biltong hunting in Limpopo

Hi fellow forumers

A friend of mine has a farm up in Limpopo, Past Ellisras, on the banks of the Limpopo River, malaria free. We have worked out a model for hunting packages for the hunter to design his own package. The model is programmed in Excel, attached. All amounts in ZAR.

Biltong Hunting Packages 2012.xls

Please give me feedback regarding the model and prices. The model is currently being used, so if there are any hunters interested, please let me know. All usual facilities including fridges are available. We might even throw your drinks into the package as well, only after sunset though...

If I transgress forum rules mods please do your thing.

Regards
    Adam

Default Re: Biltong hunting in Limpopo

Hi,

You have prices on the list when the animal is shown as not available?
    I think R 400 is a bit steep for self catering accomodation.
    Why have a tip on accomodation, why not include it in the price and give the staff a commission?
    Is standard skinning included as well as quartering, or is it a dressed carcass?
    You could have a seperate sheet which outlines what facilities are available in the price.
    I assume the accomodation is serviced?
    Who gets to call the Kudu size before shooting? Get is wrong on the big boys and you could be in for an extra R 15 000.

You need more information to avoid later arguments, disagreements on what gets paid for.

Good luck

User

Great, thanks for your feedback Andrew.

The not available prices are the prices that will be charged once they become available, like the Waterbuck bulls, which will probably be delivered shortly to the Rietvaley concession farm. If the hunter has a special request for an animal we will see what we can organise.

Not sure about the staff tipping fee, will check on that.

Here is a website on the accomodation: www.sebesebelodge.co.za

Skinners tip is for a dressed carcass, but I'll double check.

Will check up on the sizing as well -I agree, it's not nice to find out a 51 kudu is actually a 52.25.

Thanks for the feedback. The idea is to also set up a document outlining exactly what the hunter is paying for and rules and regs. So if anyone has anything they want to ask or any frequently asked questions that they usually ask before booking a trip, please also post them, so we can ensure that the hunters' experience is as pleasant as possible.

Also if there are other Game Farm owners out there willing to share their experience in this regard please let me know. We really want to create a pleasant experience for all our visitors.

Adam

User

I'm interested by your organisation; i arrived in SA in September, i'm french and hunter of course.. When will it be possible to hunt ? Give me your adress, please