Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default Norinco CQ-A feedback

Norinco CQ-A's have been on the market for a while now. Everyone comments on how cheap they are.

Error-net reports are mixed. The Canadians say they are ok and good value, but a gamble as the chances of getting a dud are higher than from other M4orgery makers. Italians and Swiss like them as a starter gun for a new shooter, but upgrade quickly as they can to other makes.

What do South African CQ-A shooters have to say about their guns. I'd like to hear from the guys you have shot their guns, and especially from the guys you have done over 500 rounds (hopefully more as 500 rounds isn't really a good enough indicator) and shot matches.

So, what say you?

User

How many of these Norinco's are out there being used for IDPA or IPSC?

Are they compatible with the aftermarket gear (mags, etc)

User

Default Re: Norinco CQ-A feedback

I own one of these Norinco's. I am not in a position to give you a technical review but I can share my experience I had yesterday.

I recenly took delivery of my Norinco. I took it apart visually inspected it , got rid of some factory grease , I oiled it and put it in the safe where it stayed till yesterday. Yesterday I took it out of the safe and went and shot a 3 gun match with it. Note , this gun has never been fired before.

I know that some people out there will say that , that is a crazy thing to do. My attitude was "if it works , it works , if it does'nt then it does'nt" I shoot for the love of the sport and guns , it does not really matter to me where my name appears on the score sheet.

I took the Norinco and the 2 Mags I bought from Khumba , loaded the one mag with steel 'doppies' ammo and the other with brass 'doppies' ammo. I started on the line with the steel ammo first ,thinking that if the the Norrinco is fussy about the ammo I will do a mag change and run the brass ammo.

The Norinco ran like a dream, spat out steel and brass doppies with no issues , the same can't be said about the operator of the weapon.........I would recommend buying this rifle.

That being said bare in mind that this is not a top tier AR platform rifle. It is made in China....... You get what you pay for at the end of the day it is a Norinco.

The LM and Ruger mini 14 are great guns but I would rather buy a Norinco AR platform. A top tier AR is always first prize if you can afford it. With the Norinco being an AR platform one can swop out parts as the budget allows it and at the end of the day there will be very little Norinco left. By the time you done you would have spent the money of a top tier AR but the pleasure it gives you modifying your rifle will be priceless.

"my 2 cents"

User

Great to hear that. Thanks for the reply! :)

thanks HK.
    i have to say,i wouldnt mind owning this rifle.
    i take knives to a gunfight

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

HK416 thank you for your input. i enjoy hands on references and owners impressions very much. it cuts out alot of bullshit that tends to do the rounds
    live out your imagination , not your history.

How much did the CQ-A set you back, if I may ask? And what is the jump to get to so-called "top-tier" AR's?

Thanks!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Eddie View Post
    How much did the CQ-A set you back, if I may ask? And what is the jump to get to so-called "top-tier" AR's?

Thanks!
    Norinco +- R13K (Call Dave Sheer Guns for a price)
    Top tier about R18K Plus

Thanks for the info.

It depends what you consider top tier. The "real" top tier brands are not even available in SA.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast