Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
    User

Default Re: Norinco CQ-A feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ysman View Post
    That would not make sense - . When the BUS is used, it normally would mean the optic is out of order, hence not reticle. But yes I do aim them 1/3 co-witness. The reticle position is very close to the BUS aim point. But I still have to go sight 'em all in.
    The reticle doesnt have to be on for you to see through it

If I needed to have a back up I would go for something like a vortex which has etching on the reticle

If your optic goes down in a match, you make a plan and aim somewhere around the glass and the front post to put some shots somewhere on the target, or you just say fuck it and can the stage, put a new battery in and are ready for the next one.

If you was to have BUIS for a gun fight, you arent going to be shooting far out and you should be able to get some part of something into that little glass portion.

BUIS for guys who think they will need them in a gun fight is just plain ridiculous

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    The reticle doesnt have to be on for you to see through it

If I needed to have a back up I would go for something like a vortex which has etching on the reticle

If your optic goes down in a match, you make a plan and aim somewhere around the glass and the front post to put some shots somewhere on the target, or you just say fuck it and can the stage, put a new battery in and are ready for the next one.

If you was to have BUIS for a gun fight, you arent going to be shooting far out and you should be able to get some part of something into that little glass portion.

BUIS for guys who think they will need them in a gun fight is just plain ridiculous
    Off course the reticle has to be on. No power no reticle. We are talking RDS, not a scope with a cross hair.

I think you are referring to the lense or glass of which you can look through. Obviously yes you can try to guess where that and the front sight must align, but then why would you want to remove the rear sight if it is not in the way?

Someone who thinks that BUS isn't needed might get a rude awakening if SHTF in this country. There are also a lot of people who use their rifles in the private security sector who actually engage criminals when carrying out arrests or play a supporting role. Yes, actual combat does not always take place, but I for one would not remove those little sights if one day my life or colleague's life might depend on them.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

Someone who thinks that BUS isn't needed might get a rude awakening if SHTF in this country. There are also a lot of people who use their rifles in the private security sector who actually engage criminals when carrying out arrests or play a supporting role. Yes, actual combat does not always take place, but I for one would not remove those little sights if one day my life or colleague's life might depend on them.
    Guys trying to play Navy Seals doing the supporting role with their sec 16 SLR's nearly fucked it all up for the rest of us so I rather they didnt

I am ashamed to say I haven't fire a single shot this year...yes, correct...not from any of my guns...tsk tsk.
    And I think you might be the one getting the rude awakening when SHTF ^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Guys trying to play Navy Seals doing the supporting role with their sec 16 SLR's nearly fucked it all up for the rest of us so I rather they didnt

And I think you might be the one getting the rude awakening when SHTF ^
    I've been busy with contract work outside RSA hence not using my own. But I suppose there is always a know-it-all who wants to try and stamp down their opinion.

That being said, this thread is being derailed and off topic. You are welcome to open a new thread pdh.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

User

50 shades of Gecko 45...

User

I removed my BUIS and only run my RDS. Have a small red laser (zeroed at 15m) 150mm in front of RDS for night.

I recently started practicing with RDS off-mode at 10m should something go wrong with RDS and was able to make A-Zone shots easily.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

... or you could all just use dual illuminated Trijicon and not have to worry about turning your sights on...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

...I glued my BUIS down because I don't want them popping up inadvertently during one of those hectic firefights I might get into, but I still want my rifle to look cool.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    ...I glued my BUIS down because I don't want them popping up inadvertently during one of those hectic firefights I might get into, but I still want my rifle to look cool.
    Will get you killed on da streetz

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38