User

Default 9mm Armour Piercing ammo by Denel/Vektor

I was speaking to a friend of mine this evening and he was showing me a couple of 9mm armour piercing rounds which he received as a gift. They look like tracer ammo, aerodynamic plastic cap with a sharpened steel core. They are made by denel land systems or one of the other subsidiaries. Can we legally poses them and where can I get some? Looks a bit like this pic I got off the net
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: 9mm Armour Piercing ammo by Denel/Vektor

Quote Originally Posted by ridhwaan
    I was speaking to a friend of mine this evening and he was showing me a couple of 9mm armour piercing rounds which he received as a gift. They look like tracer ammo, aerodynamic plastic cap with a sharpened steel core. They are made by denel land systems or one of the other subsidiaries. Can we legally poses them and where can I get some? Looks a bit like this pic I got off the net
    Not legal to possess by civilians as far as I know... stand to be corrected though.
    That said, I know THV's were available for reloaders a little while back but were pulled from the market because of concerns they can penetrate SAPS body armour.
    The .223 62gr 'Green tip' steel penetrators were also available a while back, although not anymore.

hjk - sorry for this...

but as far as i know... AP ammo is not allowed for civilian use in alot of countries...

if i get get my hands on these!!! ;D

above bullet's wound cavity on gelatine... confused0068

totally irrelevant thou... ;D

User

Quote Originally Posted by ror123
    hjk - sorry for this...

but as far as i know... AP ammo is not allowed for civilian use in alot of countries...

if i get get my hands on these!!! ;D

above bullet's wound cavity on gelatine... confused0068

totally irrelevant thou... ;D
    Oh hell yeah!! Those look hectic! I would love some of those for 'hard targets'!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    Not legal to possess by civilians as far as I know... stand to be corrected though.
    That said, I know THV's were available for reloaders a little while back but were pulled from the market because of concerns they can penetrate SAPS body armour.
    The .223 62gr 'Green tip' steel penetrators were also available a while back, although not anymore.
    Nonsense. AP ammo is legal to possess. No ammo type has been specifically banned by the minister. Incendary and explosive ammo falls, in part, under the Explosives act.

Those are called Monads btw.

Don't confuse "Not available for purchase" with "banned" or "illegal".
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    Nonsense. AP ammo is legal to possess. No ammo type has been specifically banned by the minister. Incendary and explosive ammo falls, in part, under the Explosives act.

Those are called Monads btw.

Don't confuse "Not available for purchase" with "banned" or "illegal".
    Like I said in my post above, I stand to be corrected.

User

Did some checking, and from what I found out it is not illegal to posses but it is illegal to bring it in. So if its made in RSA its fine. Unfortunately AP ammo made in RSA is not produced for civilian sale. If you are caught in possession of AP ammo you need to prove how you obtained them and that they are produced in RSA.
    I may be totally wrong but this is what I managed to find out.

User

Did some checking, and from what I found out it is not illegal to posses but it is illegal to bring it in. So if its made in RSA its fine. Unfortunately AP ammo made in RSA is not produced for civilian sale. If you are caught in possession of AP ammo you need to prove how you obtained them and that they are produced in RSA.
    Very interesting, basically the Govt is stopping short of saying it's illegal to be in possession of AP ammo, however obtaining it is (unless it's locally made).
    Pretty much my perception of how it is.

Source?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal