Default Efficient use of movement

I am still amazed at how many IDPA folks shoot like bagged tasmanian devils only to stroll from one firing position to another during the stage. If you drastically want to cut your times, the formula lies in the efficient use of movement and not in the actual shooting. When moving from one firing position to another, move briskly and preferably with knees noticably bent. This allows for a stable shooting platform as well as preventing you from inadvertantly overshooting the next position. It's about moving very quickly but maintaining your balance. If there is quite a long stretch to cover, I usually sprint between points with a controlled one handed grip on the gun. When closing on my next position, I use a low knee bend to slow and control my approach. Also, be careful not to extend your muzzle past your cover when arriving at your next position. This is one of the most common errors IDPA shooters make.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: Efficient use of movement

Agree 100%.

Cover crowding is a serious problem.

Most people eventually reach a plateau with their shooting(myself included), you simply cannot shoot faster without spending the whole day, every day, training. The solution is to improve your movement speed and efficiency to reduce your stage times.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Elimination of all un necessary movement is a huge part of what it is all about. Watch a true master, and they will never really look fast until you check the timer. Then you will go...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    Elimination of all un necessary movement is a huge part of what it is all about. Watch a true master, and they will never really look fast until you check the timer. Then you will go...

That is very true. The masters always look so slow but are actually very fast.
    I heard a saying : the slower you shoot, the faster your time