Thread: ...and go!

User

Default ...and go!

Finally, I get a chance to swing past the good people at P.E Firearm Training tomorrow to grab the books for the missus and I so that we may commence with the process of getting our competency licenses sorted.

Saturday is range day. I'm having a last shoot with the Glock 21 I've been drooling over for two weeks, and will hopefully be paying Chris some money for one of my own very soon, while the missus is going to shoot the nether regions off of a cardboard cutout with a Glock 19.

So, get books, learn, write, shoot the practical competency test, submit and pray. Do you guys recommend waiting for the competency license to be cleared before buying and licensing guns, or just go the whole hog and do everything at once?

Oh yeah, and for which of the two licenses do they inspect your safe? Lawyers are dragging their arse on getting my bond off to the deeds office, so I'm yet to get my mitts on the keys, and therefore unable to bolt a safe in yet. Should be sorted by beginning of June.

User

Default Re: ...and go!

Do it all at once. You're just adding months to a process. You can install the safe at your current location and apply on that address then inform CFR of the change of address, but since June is so close rather do it at your new address.

User

They will theoretically do safe inspections for both yours and your wife's applications.

Please note. Your wire and you each need your own individual safes, without access to the other party. Unless you are doing joint licenses on each FA.

Other than that, I agree with paddy.

User

Thanks gents. All in one go it is then.

User

One thing I should have added, its going to take a little time to do your motivations. Its worthwhile getting your dealer and a few shooting friends to read through them. If you have the funds get SSP to help you write your wife's and your motivations. That process will take a few days at least so wait till you're moved in to your new place. Its worth the extra time and effort to write up a top notch mote.