Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Finalization of Firearm Applications within 90 working days - SAPS

Hi would like to share this with you all in regards with firearm applications. The email circulated to all SAPS officials. It states that SAPS has 90 working days to finalize all firearm applications.

The letter circulated 29.05.2012 hereunder.

The 90 days period is unpacked as follows:

Station Level
    The applications received by various stations must be forwarded to the Provincial Office within six (6) weeks after being captured on the system.

Provincial Level
    After receiving of applications from stations the Province must conduct a quality check and the applications must be forwarded to Central Firearm Register within two (2) weeks after receipt from the station with a forwarding schedule.

Central Firearm Register
    Applications received at Central Firearms Register must be finalized within four (4) weeks after receipt from the Province.

Approved applications - Card Printed
    Refused applications - Refusal Letter (Typed)

All printed cards must be collected from the Central Firearms Register within two (2) weeks after being finalized by Central Firearms Register and the cards must be collected or delivered within two (2) weeks after being finalized by Central Firearms Register or Provincial Office.

All refusal letters must be posted within two (2) weeks after being finalized by Central Firearms Register.

Where an applicant or non-official institution collected his/her card(s) from Central Firearms Register, the relevant Section Commander from Central Firearms Register must be notify the relevant Provincial Commander in writing in order to close off the SAPS 86 register.

User

Default Re: Finalization of Firearm Applications within 90 working days - SAPS

Hope that they can stick to this. Timeframes was never a strongpoint of goverment officials

User

I'm afraid i don't have high hopes either.

Lately they do move on much quicker than before like my last 5 applications were approved within 2 1/2 months, not bad!! But I still have 2 applications that were received CFR 30 Aug 2011 and are lying on consideration for the last 3 months now.

The mere fact that there is now an appararently published and officical performance standard is progress.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    The mere fact that there is now an appararently published and officical performance standard is progress.
    We can but hope, but looking at the improvements made in the past 12 - 18 months, I'd say the turnaround times would be near these times.

And no, I am not an optimist at heart. To me, the question is not whether the cup is half full or half empty. The question is whether it contains arsenic, or cyanide.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    The question is whether it contains arsenic, or cyanide.
    LMAO... cynical much?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

We can but hope, but looking at the improvements made in the past 12 - 18 months, I'd say the turnaround times would be near these times.

And no, I am not an optimist at heart. To me, the question is not whether the cup is half full or half empty. The question is whether it contains arsenic, or cyanide.
    +1, my SD app took 1 month

User

+1

"An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised." That's my motto!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I would like to know if Capt. Nortier received this as well

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast