Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: gamo

User

Default gamo

wat is the feeling on gamo rifles? I am going to replace my hatsan 125 whith a model 85 or a gamo. Wil see wat i want when i have the cash. Are they accurate? Do they get the claimed velocitys? I want min 850fps

User

Default Re: gamo

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    wat is the feeling on gamo rifles? I am going to replace my hatsan 125 whith a model 85 or a gamo. Wil see wat i want when i have the cash. Are they accurate? Do they get the claimed velocitys? I want min 850fps
    the only gamo i have experience with is the gamo CFX (or CXF or whatever)
    it claimes 1000FPS or 980FPS cant quite remember and consistantly gets over 950FPS on the chrony
    its is very accurate, my step dad has one, he shoots LOCUSTs out of trees at about 20m (with quite a mean air king scope)

If I had the money I would buy one! iv seen and shot the ones with a synthetic stock and the wooden stock, the wooden stock one is awesome!!!!

wel thats my opinion on that particular gamo rifle! i would say they are great!

(that thing shot through two big potatoes and the bullet proceeded straight through one of em big black wheelie dustbins :) impressive

User

950fps! Awsome! Wat mounts does he use? Has he had any kak whith it? Wat pellets does he use? The cfx is a littel expensive thou. About 2.9k. I wil see wat farm city has in stock. I wil be exchangeing the hatsan and paying in

User

My Neighbour has a Camo CFX with Gamo Matrix 4-12X Scope
    Bought from Nicholas Yale - Braamfontein (Gamo Agent) R 2750

These 5 shot test where measured with a Shooting Chrony F-1:

Diablo Boxer - 830 fps
    Gamo - Pro Match Competion we get 750 fps - These are very accurate
    Skenco - Golden Rod Long range Pellets (Hunting) - Golden Colour 650 fpsS
    Skenco - Hyper Velociity Field Pellets (Hunting) - Orange 750 fps

The Hyper Velocity he regularly uses to hunt Pheasant - Accurate up to 40m

I also need to buy him his own airgun now....
    So I am also looking for a 2nd hand or new Pellet gun over 700 fps

User

long range as in 10.5gr? I was thinking about the shadow. It got over 900fps

User

Pietskiet

4.5 mm (0.37g) TYPE 1 Orange Stinger
    Type 1 .177 (4.5 mm)
    Made for all standard air guns. When used in air guns rated over 900 feet per second it may go supersonic and start to loose some accuracy our best penetrator.

4.5 mm (0.55g) TYPE 3 Golden Rod
    Type 3 .177 (4.5 mm)
    Made for use in all airguns. Especially effective in airguns rated over 900 feet per second.

User

piet I think the pellet that was chronied was those gamo match pellets (flat nose) and it was at I think 10m...
    I wish these toys were cheaper!!! my step dad got his cfx for 1700! and I know another guy who got his with a wooden stock for 2000... but it was because he can negotiate seriously well!!!

I like the Gamo's. NO THEY DO NOT GET THEIR CLAIMED VELOCITIES. I prefer the CFX as it is not a 'neck breaker' and works on the fixed barrel with a cocking lever under the barrel. There are two models available, the CFX Royal and the CFX. The difference being that the Royal has a wooden stock and the other has a synthetic stock and the wooden stock is about R500 more than the synthetic stock. My advice is to go for the synthetic stock and put the change in your pocket.

Being a fixed barrel design it is also the better choice to mount a scope compared to a 'neck breaker'. Quality is relative good and spares are available from the agents (Nicholas Yale).

User

This afternoon while my wife and son suddenly heard our young "worsie" going crazy. Initially barking a lot and then suddenly the worsie started to "tjank" (cry). When they went to investigate they saw a monkey attacking the "worsie" biting her.

My son grabbed his GAMO and shot at the monkey (+-35m away) to scare him off.

Well, I guess you don`t mess with a GAMO.

User

Nice one Boet Teach them young. Just make sure the SPCA dont get wind of you. LOL
    I hack for charity, Shoot for fun!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast