Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BSA Meteor

Hi guys,

A bit off the diesel topic, but does anyone know where I can get a new stock and sights for my circa 1984 model BSA Meteor?

User

I think Sharp Edge in Sandton is the local agent.

I was reunited today with my BSA Meteor No2.Got it from my Dad in 1986.

The problem is I need a new barrel as mine is bend.I think it is from all the years of opening and closing it.

Can anybody tell me where I can get a barrel.It doesnt need to be a new one.I want to fix it up for my boy who is 2 years old.

User

I am under the firm (but maybe mistaken) impression that the No2 still needs a license. If so, you will have to go through a hell of a lot of rigmaroll to license a new barrel, should you be able to find one.

Maybe better to buy a new .177 (No1) and retire the No2 to the back of the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaphaan View Post
    I am under the firm (but maybe mistaken) impression that the No2 still needs a license. If so, you will have to go through a hell of a lot of rigmaroll to license a new barrel, should you be able to find one.

Maybe better to buy a new .177 (No1) and retire the No2 to the back of the safe.
    I also thuaght I needed a licence so I told my mom to hand it in to the police together with her faulty baby Browning.Both is still on her name.The officer said to her she doesnt need to hand it in because its a airrifle.

i dont know if it will work but I was thinking of putting on a .177 barrel.

the guys at Sharp Edge in Sandton referred me to Dave Sheer Guns in Jhb for parts i.e. new stock etc. I notice that they also do gunsmithing, so maybe the can assist with the parts and advice on a conversion if you want to go .177.
    Regarding the license - there is a discussion on technical differences on the no.2 and some loopholes on the SA airgun forum site.

Default bnend barrel

Quote Originally Posted by JHH View Post
    I was reunited today with my BSA Meteor No2.Got it from my Dad in 1986.

The problem is I need a new barrel as mine is bend.I think it is from all the years of opening and closing it.

Can anybody tell me where I can get a barrel.It doesnt need to be a new one.I want to fix it up for my boy who is 2 years old.
    Here is a fix for bend air rifle barrels
    Attached Files Attached Files

User

Default Re: BSA Meteor

Guys, im resurecting an old thread here but I have a BSA Meteor, its old and has gone through many pellets. It seems to have lost power, dont know if its just because when I got it as a child it seemed more powerfull? Or can they be serviced? I have never serviced mine

User

Default BSA Meteor

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMPReaper View Post
    Guys, im resurecting an old thread here but I have a BSA Meteor, its old and has gone through many pellets. It seems to have lost power, dont know if its just because when I got it as a child it seemed more powerfull? Or can they be serviced? I have never serviced mine

What a beaut! I just gave my dad's old mark3 a good once over and adjusted the trigger. The main things are the main spring, piston seal and barrel seal. Most air rifle retailers have a good idea on how to service springers or where to send it. The meteor is good for about 600-650 ft/s. Not really meteoric but good enough for up to 20-25m. If you service it yourself just make sure you dont bend or warp the tube.

If parts for BSA arent to be had locally try airgunspares.com
    Its run by a chap that used to work in the BSA factory.

User

Default Re: BSA Meteor

this thread makes me smile :

I have one also in pristine condition, my brother bought it in around 1976 and we used to always shoot it open sights.
    my brother immigrated to Oz in around 1990 and I acquired the BSA

My kids have all started on this magnificent little pellet gun and moved onto the .22LR and then onto the 30-06

they still love shooting the BSA Meteor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast