Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New Crimeline radio advertisment

Heard the new Crimeline add on 94.7 this morning, including the line "Crimeline supports Gun Free South Africa".

Farking wankers. I think it is time for the GS posse to ride again and tell Crimeline that legal gun owners will not support their initiatives as long as they support GFSA!

The only good thing about the radio add is that they got the website address wrong. They give the address as www.gfsa.co.za which is owned by one of us gun owners. The wankers website is actually www.gfsa.org.za

Pity there is not much content on the 'Guns for South Africa' website anymore.

User

Default Re: New Crimeline radio advertisment

How about we use the sms tipoff line and send the following message:

"I would like to report GFSA for irresponsible propaganda resulting in citizens losing their lives by being disarmed!"

lets send it every day and see how long crimeline supports GFSA

Well I got riled up by somebody else today so I fired off my "are you blind or stupid" letter to crimeline. Hope some of you guys do too.

User

Damn. They actually said CO? I thought they said ORG and I heard CO.

You're not on SAFF? I posted a headsup there. CC'ed Stewart who owns gfsa.co.za but havn't heard from him. This is a perfect opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by wrm
    Damn. They actually said CO? I thought they said ORG and I heard CO.

You're not on SAFF? I posted a headsup there. CC'ed Stewart who owns gfsa.co.za but havn't heard from him. This is a perfect opportunity.
    I definitely heard .co.za and thought, dumb fukcwits!

Saw your heads up on SAFF yesterday but only heard the add this morning.

An easy way to comment would be to go to the Crimeline Facebook page. There are already some comments posted so go do your duty as a gun owner.

User

Here is CrimeLine's official reply to my question of whether they support GFSA or not.

Thanks for your email. We do not have an official partnership with GFSA. We have partnered with them during the week of the Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence to encourage members of the public to send tip-offs about people in possession of ILLEGAL guns or ammunition. This is not a long-term partnership and Crime Line distances itself from GFSA beyond this particular campaign aimed to get weapons off the streets that are used to commit crimes.

Thank you,
    Crime Line.

Quote Originally Posted by mic
    Here is CrimeLine's official reply to my question of whether they support GFSA or not.

Thanks for your email. We do not have an official partnership with GFSA. We have partnered with them during the week of the Global Week of Action Against Gun Violence to encourage members of the public to send tip-offs about people in possession of ILLEGAL guns or ammunition. This is not a long-term partnership and Crime Line distances itself from GFSA beyond this particular campaign aimed to get weapons off the streets that are used to commit crimes.

Thank you,
    Crime Line.
    Thanx for your trouble Mic. The radio ad does however not make the distinction. It simply states that Crimeline supports GFSA and not that they only support this initiative.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    Thanx for your trouble Mic. The radio ad does however not make the distinction. It simply states that Crimeline supports GFSA and not that they only support this initiative.
    That is how I understood it as well.

BCCSA perhaps? 'False' advertising?

Well, there is no such thing as an illegal gun or ammunition. People can be in illegal posession of them.

Gfsa has done zero to get criminals who posess firearms illegally, and do their utmost to hassle legal owners

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast