Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Some people concealalibility requirements are such that getting made is career ending or worse, sometimes unpleasant compromises must be made.
    I completely agree, and these would fall into the "very specific" category. Andy's post above applies. Along with that, one does need to consider what supplies the pocket the gun is carried in: I would expect this to be some kind of jacket, or do guys actually carry guns in trouser pockets (honest question).

My departure point is just that a small gun, carried AIWB in a proper holster completely disappears on even the slimmest person. Really small guns would disappear more... and the appendix area is not the one to generally be subjected to accidental workplace bumps, given normal social decorum, and all. So when utmost concealability is important (and I don't doubt it can be, for the exact reasons you mention) I would still advocate to first consider whether a small gun with very good AIWB setup would sufficient, before committing to a pocket setup with distinct disadvantages (again referring to Andy's post).

User

Default Re: Looking for a pocket pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I completely agree, and these would fall into the "very specific" category. Andy's post above applies. Along with that, one does need to consider what supplies the pocket the gun is carried in: I would expect this to be some kind of jacket, or do guys actually carry guns in trouser pockets (honest question).

My departure point is just that a small gun, carried AIWB in a proper holster completely disappears on even the slimmest person. Really small guns would disappear more... and the appendix area is not the one to generally be subjected to accidental workplace bumps, given normal social decorum, and all. So when utmost concealability is important (and I don't doubt it can be, for the exact reasons you mention) I would still advocate to first consider whether a small gun with very good AIWB setup would sufficient, before committing to a pocket setup with distinct disadvantages (again referring to Andy's post).
    Bearing in mind it can't be an AIWB setup with any clips etc visible. We are talking never getting made all day everyday for years, not on occasion.

I've carried pistols in trouser pockets on occasion, in a pocket holster of course. Is it as useful for me in general as AIWB? No. Was it useful? Yes. It does have some advantage's with regards concealability and the ability to approach situations with hand on gun unobtrusively.

The other thing to consider is some people will either carry a small gun that doesn't affect their comfort and lifestyle measurably, or no gun. And the small gun , while fr from ideal gives more option than the large one they don't carry.

User

Although it may not quite look like it, I believe we're essentially on the same page

User

I think carrying a small pistol in trousers pocket has now been covered. There are pros and cons.

Another option mentioned, is carrying a concealed/shrouded hammer revolver in a jacket pocket. This may allow point shooting the revolver while still inside the pocket. Range would be close to zero. Your jacket will also be ruined. The only real issues are that you will have to wear the jacket, and that you don't want the pocket with piece of steel in to swing around too much. This could hurt and draw attention. So the jacket has to be zipped or buttoned. It also needs to be zipped/buttoned to be able to draw from the jacket pocket. All this limits the mode of carry to basically winter evenings. Not so much an EDC option.

User

Alot of great input on this topic and alot to now consider.

Thinking AIWB to be something to look to doing if possible. Currently trying that out and it seems to be working.

Sent from my HYPE_X using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9