Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Accuracy vs Velocity is Air Rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by HGS
    hatsan.....you get what you pay for hpy194
    In that price class, you are more likely to get the claimed velocity but they are not kind to scopes.... I shot a model 125 (Claimed to do 1250fps) over a crono using one of those orange 'Hyper Velocity Field Pellets' ('steel' tip and orange plastic at the back) and got 1350fps. With the Gamo TS10 it came down to about 1000fps. The Gamo Shadow 1000 which claim to do 1000fps only does about 800fps with Gamo Pro Magnum but the rifle quality is much better than the Hatsan.

Has anybody used the Gamo Power Pellets which is not made of lead but made from an alloy and claims to give an increase of 25% in fps figures?

User

used the "special pellets" and what a load of c$#p

I shoot a S410 and a pro target and both perform like those CZ that you guys are shooting

If someone told me four years ago that you could put a pellet through the same hole at thirty meters, i would have asked him if i could have some of the stuff he was smokeing, these PCP are unbeleivable

User

I've had simmilar experiences with a S200. Fires a pellet at a mere 761ft/sec, but is capable of bullet holes cutting each other at a range of up to 30m.

When I bought the air rifle I was desperate to get a diving cylinder.
    I approached a dive school who sold me a second hand bottle reassuring me it was in a good condition and would serve me for a long period to come. On my first refill I was told that the bottle would have to undergo a pressure test immediately.

I WAS RIPPED OFF AND LIED TO.

I believe this to be a common thing.
    Anyone had the same experience?

This issue regarding diving bottles is a 'hidden problem' and the new kid on the block does not know about this problem. There is second hand bottles available but normally they are available as a last effort to get rid of a problem....it is getting to the end of its life. As a person with no knowledge about these things, the general reaction is that 'I am not going to dive with it and so it will work for me'. It is not about the diving, it is about the filling and the pressure that these bottles are subjected. Diving only adds a bit of wear and tear to it if looked after properly (i.e. rinsing the bottle with fresh water after a dive and note allowing the bottle to go empty completely). However you still need to have it filled at the same place the divers have it filled and these guys have to stick to the rules. So there is hidden cost (you still have to have it tested from time to time and this is not FREE OF CHARGE) involved with running from diving bottles and I would recommend rather to buy a new bottle or only buy a second hand bottle that has been tested and you have the report/documentation for this. Also remember do not run that bottle completely empty. The reason being that you do not want anything entering that bottle (mainly moisture) and with some pressure in it, you prevent this.

User

When guys buy guns from me they used to ask me for second hand dive bottles, learnt the hard way it is not worth it, you can get new 6lt 300br of R2500

I have an AA S200 and the acccuracy on the rifle is unbelievable!!

Practice involves shooting twigs off trees 20-25m's yonder and the occassional field mouse fighting0035

User

Default Re: Accuracy vs Velocity in Air Rifles.

the hatsan is good value for money but needs the best pelets. Crosman 10.5gr is what i use and get groups of about 15mm at 30m whith a 2-7 scope. But take it from me jou need good mounts.i use the 1 pice thore steel mount. Btw i get 820fps whith the 10,5gr an 920fps whith the 7.9gr but the 10,5gr retains velocity beter and hits harder

User

dead quit

You can buy new 300 bar bottle for R1770 + VAT at Draeger (don't know if it is spelled right)

Anyway here is some airgun specs for you guys. http://all-about-airguns.co.za/specs.htm

Also some usefull articles there.... see menu items.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast