Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default eastern cape firearm dealers

howzit guys

dont know if anyone else feels the same way as i do ...

there are certain firearm dealers in the eastern cape that are just a rip off !
    being lucky enough to travel the eastern cape from east london to george , i tend to pop into firearm stores just to get a feel of pricing and to see what is on offer.
    by no meens am i saying or teling anyone how to run their business but with the economic times these days , you would think stores would rather attract customers than scare them away to never come back...
    here is a example , store A sell pmp 150g .270 standard for +- R240 a box and store B sells them for R305 , pro amm 150g .270 store A R285 and store B R375 give or take a few rands on both .
    surely store B that is so expensive would think if their pricing is more competitive they would sell more ?
    i recently enquired about a lee reloading kit , store A sell it for R1650 and store B R2095 ?????
    how does someone justify a R445 difference for the same reloading kit? the same dies were around R100 difference between store A and B

i wil not mention who store B is as most people from the pe area will know who i am talking about but store A - being target line in east london has always given me great service and if anyone is going to east london i would recommend popping in and have a chat to the friendy and informative staff who are always happy to help and give advice .

gareth

User

Default Re: eastern cape firearm dealers

Hmm.... yes I know what youre talking about. When will they wake up and realise the internet is big and you can buy anything you need.

User

maybe when they get the internet ?

User

I'm from EL and buy the majority of my stuff from TL. Well stocked, good looking store, family owned and operated with friendly staff. Here it sometimes had a rep for being expensive, But I will always get the majority of my stuff there. If store B in PE is the one with the middle aged woman who is the owner/owners wife behind the counter, I would not buy there if they were the cheapest in the country!

User

Haha spot on farmer :)

It really boggles my mind how some people do their pricing
    hence the difference in A vs B , A always people in the store B u walk into a morgue with no one in the store

Its almost like store Has no no idea what is happening in the trade re pricing and products

Pretty sad , I have no idea what the general markup is in the firearm industry but maybe some one should open a store where they have extremely competitive prices and work on the principal of moving volume as opposed to margin

I had a customer in a different industry where her mentality was she could not operate without a minimum of a 50% markup - and hence why her business has never been a success and has never been able to compete on price and always complains when other stores advertise great prices

But then again who am I to dictate what the price should be ? Im just a customer

User

I just got the feeling it was an issue to serve me and it has happened twice. The second time was a couple of weeks back when she quoted me on some mags. When I politely explained I thought she was insane and that I could order online or from JHB she said that's why gun shops were closing down... Surely we meet somewhere in the middle!

User

I phoned around locally for some prices on powder and one shop told me that he can't give me powder for the price us club guys want or can get elsewhere.

I disagree with you farmer-el, i buy where i get the best for my buck. I had a fellow member ask me "do you buy from that place?", if they are the cheapest then hell yes i do. Theres a gun shop in Queenstown thats very competitive too, if you ever go to that hole.

User

Try the Co-op in Humansdorp, Riaan & Elize, 042 295 1082 , give them a call, I trust you will be pleasantly suprised!

User

Ady, I hear you and agree price is important. I also believe though that relationships are important. I see my self as somewhere between customer and client. I feel looked after. If at times I pay a bit more, then so what. Next time I'm in the shop and there is something new and I don't have the cash on me I get told " sort us out next time." I get higher trade in offers than I would if i did not have a relationship with the store. My problems are sorted out quickly.I worked in retail for a long time. Our most important philosophy was establishing relationships to ensure the customer was not as price sensitive. I sell chickens at 30% more than supermarkets. I have a client base who get who are aware of that, nut support me because of my service. Ripping off someone though is wrong.

User

I agree with you on that.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast