Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: eastern cape firearm dealers

I believe this chasing after cheapest is causing a steady decline in quality of service and survival of shops.I support my gunshops and sometimes I notice that 2 of the 5 things I am buying are cheaper elsewhere but I still buy it there for a overall good deal. I believe that this only buying for and soley for the cheapest will result in only the cheapest surviving and giving the cheapest product. PE is Dying cause of this factor.The only place doing business is the one going bankrupt quietly because the prices cant suppot the business. The guy running a sensible mark up that will keep him in business goes bankrupt and the cheap O does the same cause of under pricing.I hear Gareth and know each shop by description and yes a rip off is a ripp off, but I seldom worry about riding across town for a R20 saving on a 300 tin of powder.

i dont mind paying a little more, if the service is good, no one wants to get ripped, but i will support those that support me with good and friendly service, if not, me and my $ will go somewhere else thank you. In today's times service is paramount to me, you give it and you will get it, don't and you will not, well thats my opinion at least, there are all kinds of guys out there, the rich, poor, stingy and just plain financially constrained, and i do not blame anyone for their spending patterns, but lets all be honest here, we as customers should be king, no matter whether we spend R20.00 in your shop a month or R200,000.00. If i were a dealer i would pay more attention and care to a customer that comes in every month to spend his R500.00 in my shop month after month, then a once off buyer of R6000.00 or R10,000.00 never to be seen again. And i see this often, it cooks me...

Banned

to me a big reason to go back to a lace is when they have done something special for me in the past. Found something -did me a good deal - but hey sometimes the shop also needs a good deal.
    I really REALLY try spread my money in PE because I am so scared of it becoming a one shop town. I pay nore and drink non s a breweries beer - buy at family owned stores not Macro for same reason. If telkom or the petrol companies had any compo I am a supporter.Cheaper cheaper leads to monopolies and that to F'u mate there plenti of other custermers out there

User

You see in East London there is only one gunshop so they can ask any price. Ive just heard from a guy yesterday how much he paid for his competency training compared to what I paid a few months ago, nuff said. Humansdorp co-op is cheapest in the country when it comes to howa rifles after Camdix. Just make a call and find out and you tell me then why some shops have to ask so much more.

User

Treeman and Andy i agree 100% with you and i do try spend at different gunshops. I don't chase small savings here and there, i go where i feel welcomed and not looked down on and made to feel stupid, so don't talk down to me and argue with me when i know what i'm talking about, this isn't my first rodeo, but having said that i'm not going to pay R500 for preium SD ammo when i can get the same ammo elsewhere for R300 or R280 for a tin of powder instead of R350, i underatand the prices won't be JHB prices because of transport etc. I for one don't have deep pockets.

The coin is double sided and shooters talk to each other, look after me and i will look after you and not only during hunting season but throughout the year. I understand gunshops have to make money to survive. It benefits all shooters for them to do so and stay in business, all i ask is that they don't rip me off.

Spend some time and phone around the EC, you will be shocked at the difference in price on components etc.

Having said all this and ranting a little, i must admit that the guys i mostly buy from look after me and they get my business and my friends business, because i reocmmend them.

User

I agree with everyone here

All I'm asking is if a store can justify overcharging and them moaning about people buying online and the chance of businesses closing down .
    Im the kind of guy that if I want something I want it now , I'll pay a slightly higher price if they can supply me at the present time within reason of course .
    I understand everyone has to make a living , if everyonewas just reasonable with pricing there would be no issues and there is more than enough business for everyone

With regard to TL - they are the only store in EL yet their prices are still some of the most competitive that I have seen at a retailer and constantly in the EC

I do support the PE guys but I am selective now days as to where I go ...

The last time I went to store B was just to get a box of "emergency" ammo to go to the range to sight in a new scope and walked out feeling like a big man from prison had got hold of me as i paid R80 more or a bix of factory ammo , i can understand a R20-R30 difference but R80 is robbery I got screwed and screwing is supposed to ne nice ...

User

Quote Originally Posted by gareth.PE View Post
    I agree with everyone here

All I'm asking is if a store can justify overcharging and them moaning about people buying online and the chance of businesses closing down .
    Im the kind of guy that if I want something I want it now , I'll pay a slightly higher price if they can supply me at the present time within reason of course .
    I understand everyone has to make a living , if everyonewas just reasonable with pricing there would be no issues and there is more than enough business for everyone

With regard to TL - they are the only store in EL yet their prices are still some of the most competitive that I have seen at a retailer and constantly in the EC

I do support the PE guys but I am selective now days as to where I go ...

The last time I went to store B was just to get a box of "emergency" ammo to go to the range to sight in a new scope and walked out feeling like a big man from prison had got hold of me as i paid R80 more or a bix of factory ammo , i can understand a R20-R30 difference but R80 is robbery I got screwed and screwing is supposed to ne nice ...
    Not always if you do your research properly and know what current prices should be...

User

Time for a new dealer then lol!

It's this dreaded capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06 View Post
    It's this dreaded capitalism.
    aah...'tis the bluddy ey'gents

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast