discount. Never been charged for range ammo
    Etc.

Will always stick to one shop and develop a good
    Enough relationship where I can say hey boet that's
    A rip off.

User

Default Re: eastern cape firearm dealers

Concur on "b",but a little anecdote:

Well yes,"c", does have a nicer feel,but unfortunately I,the customer, get put off when the owner seemed more interested in trying to chat up the ladies,incl my GF who's now happens to be a bigger gun-nut than me(and who,in her words, didnt even give him a second's attention and doesnt feel comfortable to return there)

I thought it was hilarious,she was a little less amused "by that funny little man" tho,especially after not making good on promises after being "rejected".

.....not the best business model me thinks?

Last edited by curious george; 23-07-2012 at 17:15.

Banned

Should we not say Shop, A though it gets a D - shop W (why C) and shop L,
    Jokes aside there seems to be a commen concenses on the shops especially A (B).
    W has always done me well and L has a good stock and good prices and reasonable knowlidgeable staff most of the time, but they often make me feel we got enough business with out you. But mayby they just very busy.
    W always has time for a few words, sometimes with salt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    Concur on "b",but a little anecdote:

Well yes,"c", does have a nicer feel,but unfortunately I,the customer, get put off when the owner seemed more interested in trying to chat up the ladies,incl my GF

Ha ha,

Know what you mean!

User

Sometimes a pinch of salt, sometimes a container.

User

Haha,due to discussion via pm recently,Dale and I know who "b" refers too lol.The minister of finance will kill me if I dared do any business with "b" ever.(Girls and grudges!)Pity as its the "nicest looking" shop in town,tho I'd rather do business with the guys close the old showgrounds,defo the most professional in my experience.The Uitenhage dealers are a mystery/unknown entity to me.My one venture there to scout wasnt particlarly fruitfull.

In terms of pricing,"I dont mind being seduced,but hell I object to being raped!"In any event,sofar all my shopping/spending as been done in our surrounding towns.Hopefully that will change eventually.

Banned

guys ---- I have never ever had a problem with guys chatting my girl up. To me its a compliment a ha ha etc. Its a not even a consider. Physical and after being told "leave me alone" etc. are different , but a guy trying his luck just lets me feel, well at least i got what he thinks is nice. Jealousy is not something I suffer from ( not saying you do) but I am usually amused by others actions.
    And lastly -- what some guys mistakenly feel is complimentary is what others feel chatting up.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    guys ---- I have never ever had a problem with guys chatting my girl up. To me its a compliment a ha ha etc. Its a not even a consider. Physical and after being told "leave me alone" etc. are different , but a guy trying his luck just lets me feel, well at least i got what he thinks is nice. Jealousy is not something I suffer from ( not saying you do) but I am usually amused by others actions.
    And lastly -- what some guys mistakenly feel is complimentary is what others feel chatting up.
    Its the lady thats unhappy(I'm giving the polite version and lets rather leave it at that,PE is way too small,reputations/indescretions catch up rather sooner than later) with the experience.This is surprising as she's fairly hardegat/thick skinned and wouldnt normally be phased by some guy just hitting on her...

Anyways pricing and domestic harmony precludes any money being spent by "b" anytime soon...

Locally,if its a few hundred rand in it,I would not sweat it buying locally,but R1-1500 difference in prices on the same f/arm makes me rather spend the money in Jhb and using RAM + storage fees,or take a scenic ride in my bakkie up the N2 for the afternoon.

User

Kak attitude 101,a tutorial on how to do business:

Its official,

I vow,that I personally or any family member,will never do business with any of the 3 gunshops in PE again.I was feeling very ambivilent about not supporting the local guys to start of with. Clearly they have hordes of people beating their doors down to throw money at them....,sarcasm off* Having been in both retail and sales,I find this arrogance from behind the counter, very odd and mystifying given the industry woes and the economic climate.

From chatting to guys at the range,and reading some threads in this section,it seems its endemic to many a gunshop,that staff dont seem to get chosen for their aptitude in either sales,service or ability to work with the public,not to mention a modicum of good manners.

It really is a lottery and badluck to you if get the wrong guy behind the counter(incl some owners and their relations).LSB today,unfortunately Johan B was out and the lady,P.B., was busy elsewhere. In this particular case the individual is a rather volatile and borderline abrasive sort of character,I have witnessed a tirade or two in the past,yes infront of customers in the "front of shop",but that doesnt seem to be important.

He also seems suffer from a rather low selfesteem as everybody that doesnt share his knowledge,or that somehow rubs him up the wrong way,or isnt "one of the manne",gets belittled and a healthy dose of name calling,etc.This,usually under the breath as they are leaving the shop out of hearing distance,also witnessed in the past.(Hope he doesnt actualy carry a f/arm either btw)

With the intention of supporting the locals vs buying an additional safe from a national chainstore I go the "better" gunshop in PE to buy one:

Q:"I'm looking for a 5 rifle safe,I see you guys are out.What can you get,and how soon plz?"

A:Rambles of a string of prices,"There know I've given it to you..."

Q:"Could you write that down for me plz?"

Blank piece of paper gets grabbed and prices scribbled down,maybe a good thing I dont need/already have the contact details.

Q:"How soon can you get one here?" (again)
    A:"sal nie kan se nie!"

Q:"Nou wat is die verskil tussen die drie?"

This is where I clearly missed something as he then turned away,ignored me flat,and joined another conversation at the counter.... The look I got as I left and the smiles says it all...

So yes,I prob could have caused a scene,but to what end? The other guy there I've seen telling a customer that he cant help him,on that occasion the potential customer,only asked about a NEA(incl a pic and the wholesaler details!),actually wanting two that he read about on this forum.I know what he bought from someone else,and guess what,I think I'll follow that example and spend my money with people who want to do business...

(Maybe I should email the owner with a link to this post!)

User

Thats the EC for you mate people are just so laid back or something. It seems like they dont want work. Ec is like 3rd world and Guateng 1st world. Even if I was a milionare and money was no problem I will still look for the best price screw them!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast