Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Smith&Wesson MP15 Sport 5.56 Na

Hi guys

I had a search on the forum for the above AR, however, only getting the MP15-22 threads.

On the S&W website, the MP15 Sport AR's RRP is $739, which is only $240 more than the MP15-22. So in theory, we should be able to get them landed here for around R12k. (Search for Model M&P15 Sport on their website).

So my question is, why haven't anybody looked at getting them in?

I am keen on getting the Mp15-22, but looking at the cost of the bigger Mp15 Sport AR, I am now considering the upgrade.

Are there any dealers on the site that are willing to look at getting them in?
    Or are there some kind of restrictions placed on this FA?
    Is it an issue due to being a 5.56 Na round AR?
    Im sure it can be licensed and motivated on similar principles as other SLR types, so that should not be a problem.

Looking forward to your replies.
    Cheers, Zillard

User

Default Re: Smith&Wesson MP15 Sport 5.56 Na

I believe MRST is looking to bring in the M&P15 Sport, which they think will price VERY well. Can't really comment on anymore than that, so will let the other guys chime in.
    With regards to importations & restrictions, have a look through the different threads, quite a bit in there about importing from the states.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zillard View Post
    Hi guys

I had a search on the forum for the above AR, however, only getting the MP15-22 threads.

On the S&W website, the MP15 Sport AR's RRP is $739, which is only $240 more than the MP15-22. So in theory, we should be able to get them landed here for around R12k. (Search for Model M&P15 Sport on their website).

So my question is, why haven't anybody looked at getting them in?

I am keen on getting the Mp15-22, but looking at the cost of the bigger Mp15 Sport AR, I am now considering the upgrade.

Are there any dealers on the site that are willing to look at getting them in?
    Or are there some kind of restrictions placed on this FA?
    Is it an issue due to being a 5.56 Na round AR?
    Im sure it can be licensed and motivated on similar principles as other SLR types, so that should not be a problem.

Looking forward to your replies.
    Cheers, Zillard
    First of all getting SLR's out of the U.S is a major PITA due to ITAR regs and other politics. In addition to that, there are export and import permits required, shipping costs (which are huge) as well as import duties, VAT etc payable. So not simply a case of importing one.

User

Short version:

We are bringing them in but:

Telescopic stocks are ITAR controlled. So we're getting them with fixed stocks.
    Muzzle-breaks/flash-hiders and such are ITAR controlled, so we're getting 17" stainless barrels.
    Shipping is 20% so add that to the invoice
    Taxes and duties are a lot. So add that.
    All this is calculated on the exchange rate of the day the stock lands. We cant predict what that will be
    The price on the website does not include any tax. This varies from one state to another. Add at least 14% to what you see on the web.
    Semi auto rifles must come in on end user certificates. I cant just bring in lots. I need to supply names of people buying to the Department of State on a DSP 83. Some guns can come in as they are classed as "hunting rifles", a gun that has Military and Police built into the name probably wont count as a hunting rifle.

When it lands it'll work brilliant but wont have that far more important tacticool look. Now as we all know if it don't look cool it don't shoot straight.

They'll retail for between R17 000 and R20 000. We bring in the STI AR's and they sell for about the same. You get a gun with possibly the best trigger in an AR, 3 30 round mags and a carry case. Just add sights. But fixed stock guns are not nearly as popular as the telescopic types. Replacing the buffer spring, tube and stock can be done for about R2500. If I bought an AR it would be an STI. Few people agree. I really honestly have had people phone and ask for a gun that "looks tactical". People have been here and genuinely sniffed at the STI guns for R17 500 and decided a Luvo for R25 000 is better "because it looks nicer with the rails on"

There are ways to bypass the ITAR restrictions and end user procedures, but if you get caught you have some explaining to do. We wont even think about trying.

Because of all this, we'll be bringing in M&P15's to order. They will be relatively cheap and they are good rifles. We'll gladly take orders for them but I unfortunately cant say when they will arrive or what they will cost. If anyone is interested or would like more information please send me an email.

stefan@mrst.co.za

User

Fortunately gunsiters are so anti the mall ninja types, tacticool shouldn't matter to them and you should sell lots

User

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Fortunately gunsiters are so anti the mall ninja types, tacticool shouldn't matter to them
    im sorry what?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Fortunately gunsiters are so anti the mall ninja types, tacticool shouldn't matter to them and you should sell lots
    Hahaha. For some reason my shotgun ended up black. Its accuracy factor must have increased tenfold.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Hahaha. For some reason my shotgun ended up black. Its accuracy factor must have increased tenfold.
    Paint it desert digicam and it'll get another 13.769% more accurate and you will reload it at least 69.8% faster

User

I detect a bit of sarcasm in some posts here. It is exactly the same with cars. Everyone knows stripes make them go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by farmer-el View Post
    I detect a bit of sarcasm in some posts here. It is exactly the same with cars. Everyone knows stripes make them go faster!
    And RED cars with stripes...Holy Moly!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast