Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Stoeger air rifles

the difference on gamo and weihrauch price.... well i think it it goes something like this, the most expensive gamo is proberbly the same price as the cheapest weihrauch

back to the Gamo BSA thing, yes not something they advertise, but it just shows that there is nothing wrong with gamo, that is if you regard BSA as a good air rifle

I take it you not a big fan of BSA? I think it is a situation of what you are prepared to pay and you will get what you pay. I consider GAMO as better than the Chinese junk and HATSAN but not as good as DIANA..... I do not see myself pay 10K for a pcp, I would like one,but would not pay that. Someone else would think again that 10k for a pcp is nothing and will pay 25k..... I still think that GAMO remains a good priced air rifle that will give you decent service and enjoyment for the average Joe that wants to play around.....

Mods, sorry we are going off thread.....but these conversations just tend to go from one thing to another...... confused0083

User

No actually i am quite a fan of BSA, i just meant to say that some people will say that BSA is a good make and that gamo is rubbish but essentially it is the same gun, if you know what i mean

To me nothing comes close to gamo as far as value for money go's

Hatsans have come a long way from what they were, but still leave a lot to be desired, and they do fill a gap in the market

PCP are expensive, and yes there are people out there that will spend 20k on an air rifle, but then again there are people that spend 2k on a putter, i always say you cant put a price on a mans sport, i mean i have seen some guys putting mag wheels and expensive sound systems in their 1960's beetles.......if you get my drift

Very true....... We all have our own but of desire and heaven..... The Market is wide and you need to place a product in all over the spectrum, a bit of sun for everyone ;D

CZ200S 6mm group @ 25m for under 5k.
    Fail to see the debate.
    If you've got more cash to spend by a S400 or S410.

Para,

I have no problem with the CZ's. I think they are well priced and give good value for money. However a PCP is not for everyone and there are the associated cost to these rifles in the form of bottles or pumps. There is still place for the spring operated air rifles and we were just talking about different price classes in air rifles. I would not hesitate to recommend a CZ PCP Air Rifle but there are other more expensive ones available. If they are really better, I do not know.

User

I think the biggest problem with the CZ rifles is its size... its too small for the averages sized adult male to shoot comfortably. The most accurate "Value" PCP IMHO is the AA S400, i had one for a short time, and was able to kill a fly on a target at 25M (the only thing I have killed with an air rifle). The gamo's are good, but tend to snap springs after 2000 shots, however, with a nice spring upgrade they can be tuned to shoot as smoothly as a HW.

Personally I prefer the challenge of shooting with a springer, so my Zos scoped HW 97K will be with me for the foreseeable future. A PCP is very dead to shoot, and I found that my form and concentration suffered as a result.

Sorry, end of hjk

I am 6ft and weigh 101kg's.
    The CZ200 is not to small for me.

If the air rifle does not shoot a 6mm group, what's the point.(if I wanna miss I'll use a "clay-lat")(If you happy with a hit and miss state of mind I could introduce you to my Ex-wife.

As a Policeman, if I can afford the Cz you can. It will be the buy of your life, you will use it daily.

The only other option is more expensive. Air Arms!

User

I'm 6ft and 80Kgs, and the cz200 was too cramped for me... different strokes for different folks I sapose.

At what distance and condtions do you shoot a 6mm group? I'm able to shoot 1hole (5shot) groups at 40M in still condtions with my untuned 97K.. as for a hit and miss mindset... I "hit" just as often as you guy shooting with Precharged rigs.

The next PCP i buy will be a Styer Lg110 / Lg20 , or an AA EV2...and only when I can no longer compete with my 97K. I wont bother with getting an unregulated bottom end PCP as they are Boring (dead) to shoot....

At 25m open back yard low or no wind conditions.

Thats as far as can shoot the European starlings without doing the neighbourhood too much harm. (neighbours)

Would love an air arms s410.

Shooting starlings is never boring.
    I think the only equal in adrenalin are the snipers in Iraq.
    You'd laugh your arse off if you watched me stalk around my house, moving from window to window.

I think were in a different league. I am not a target shooter with my air rifle. I am a middle aged man(boy) who loves to shoot non indigenous birds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast