Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Sig Sauer South African customer service??

Hey guys, Brad here. I'm needing some informed advise from you guys who may know out there.
    I'm busy waiting on my competency cert to come back and am looking at some choices for a CC.
    I was first keen on the Glock 19 and had pretty much made my mind based on peoples advise, but always felt that it looked a bit like a square block and it never really felt 100% comfortable. Was in the gun shop the other day and saw a Sig P2022, it was love at first sight, it fitted my hand like a glove and I just love the decocking lever basically everything about it and at a friendly price. But the salesman straight away said you dont want that one its rubbish the customer support on spares is terrible and it only comes with 1 mag. Now i can basically get it with an extra mag for about the same price as a Glock, but am just concerned about the support.
    Please does anyone out there know or have any experience with Sig and Customer service.
    All advise greatly appreciated
    Cheers

User

Default Re: Sig Sauer South African customer service??

Sig customer service doesn't exist in SA. Spare mags from Nic Yale and holsters from Geoff Carter is about as much as you can get without having to tear your hair out.

A while back I tried to contact Sig USA and get some parts shipped in - short answer "You can't". When contacting Sig Europe the response I got was:

Your enquiry to Michael Hornoe has been passed to us for action as we are exclusively responsible for civil sales thoughout Africa.

We are currently finalising the appointment of a prime retailer in South Africa as it is a market only recently taken over and is desperate for a responsible and reputiable entity to support SiG-Sauer products. We believe we have found such a partner and as soon as we have completed the appointment we will get them to get in touch with you.

We would appreciate your patience but be assured in the very near future you will have access to new fully supported SiG Sauerproduct in South Africa.
    The above is 6 months old though, so you may want to mail them again. The address I found on their site was Michael.Hornoe@SigSauer.com

Stay with the G19 you will grow to love it.With Glock's popularity spares and accessories are easier to acquire.

User

Try the M&P as well
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Any ideas on S&W M&P cost, and what there SA service is like?

Thanks for the quick response! Will definitely re-think the Glock. I cant afford to be waiting for spares for months on end!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bradsole View Post
    Thanks for the quick response! Will definitely re-think the Glock. I cant afford to be waiting for spares for months on end!
    I own both a Sig SP2022 in 9x19 and a Glock 19. I would take the Glock 19 over the Sig 10/10 times. Glock spares incl. mags are easy to find and much cheaper than Sig spares. The Sig is also a fair bit more bulky than the G19.

User

I have been told that Sig is currently in the process of appointing a South African distributor and that the information should be made available no later than during the AAD Expo.

Sig will be at the AAD Expo end of Sept 2012 in Pretoria.

We will have to wait and see (or hear directly from Sig at the Expo) what firearms will be available and to whom it will be available.

User

AAD Expo??? What does this mean, another gun show maybe.

User

Service from Sig will also depend on WHO the appointed agent will be. There have been a few claimants to the title, some of who will send you running!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast