Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big improvement

User

Default Big improvement

This afternoon my wife received a sms saying that her competency application is receiving attention. We just handed it in last week Tuesday! Last time I handed in a license application it took more than a month for them to receive it in PTA! Things are looking much better. I hope they can keep it up and infect the whole system!

User

Default Re: Big improvement

Dirk, I applied for a .22 license in April this year, was approved in 6 weeks and card in hand the following week. Then I applied for handgun competency and handgun license (submitted together). The competency was approved after 6 weeks, the license was approved the following week and the week thereafter I had my card in hand (8 weeks total). So yes it is a lot better, but I have also been told I am one of the lucky ones and some guys are still waiting up to 5-6 months for their applications.

User

Well, I really hope my wife is one of the lucky ones too! I think it's the Police station's fault that submits the paperwork. If they send it ASAP it get's there faster, is approved faster and get's back faster but if they drag their feet it takes forever. My brother in law applied for my fathers .357 Ruger Blackhawk and has been waiting for three years! He phoned the a while and they told him that they never received his application. Turns out the police station lost his paperwork and never sent it in. That sucks...

User

The old apps will take forever. Some guys waited 7 years! yes definitely has to do with the police station. Since they moved the process to the lower level stations (sorry can't remember the correct term) it has been faster. Also old Bothma did F-all to improve the process, since he was canned it's been better.

User

Yes, things have improved, but "receiving attention" can also mean that the flies are congregating around the coffee stain on the covering page.

I have only ever received those types of SMS from them shortly after submission and then nothing - nada, zilch - after that until approval (which have varied between one and six months after that first, hope-inspiring message).

Not to rain on your parade, but one SMS a finalisation does not make.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Although it may be faster,there is no consistency.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but one SMS a finalisation does not make.
    I sat on an SMS for 5 weeks. Only when it says "in for consideration" should you know it's about to make your day or crap all over you. Mine was in consideration for about a week and a half.

I handed in a new one 5 weeks ago. Phoned yesterday and still at station. CFR is most definately improving but the stations are not on the ball yet!
    MOLON LABE

User

There is a clear improvement,but still some inconsistencies,I do agree more at station level,with regards to card collection etc. I got two sms's,the first one stating my competency is receiving attention ,two days after handing in, then the sms when my license was approved. Nothing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    I handed in a new one 5 weeks ago. Phoned yesterday and still at station. CFR is most definately improving but the stations are not on the ball yet!
    We applied at the same station. Mine is in now for 3 weeks. Phoned them yesterday and they said it is going to Provincial today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast