Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    User

Default Re: Political assasinations and the "party"

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I tried to work with that one but it didn't wash out for me. Pretty basic organisms are able to modify their behaviour based on their sensory feedback so it has to be something more active that just being passively stupid.

If you live in a underdeveloped and underserviced area and there's been no improvement in your situation over three or four election cycles and you continue to vote for the people in the X5's who swan by every now and then there must surely be some incentive or reward for doing that and i cant make sense of it.
    Well, one of the things I see missing from the above group, is the ability to make the link between cause and result. Some simply can't do that, and this inability is is not linked purely to the poor or disenfranchised. To me it certainly seems like an inability to reason. I see it manifesting in other walks of life too.

Banned

I've been told by an old black man who is over 60 years old and is intelligent that the reason he still votes for the ANC, and not the DA, is that if the DA wins, they will bring back apartheid!
    So, it's better that he sticks with the ANC, even though he knows that they are robbing the country blind, and are full of empty promises

Banned

But I think the tide is turning, the ANC are losing votes, because finally the young (25-40yr old) voters have seen through their bullshit and are voting for other parties

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    But I think the tide is turning, the ANC are losing votes, because finally the young (25-40yr old) voters have seen through their bullshit and are voting for other parties
    But a while ago there was a survey which claimed to show that a very large part of the "everything for free" crowd was middle class pre disadvantaged voters. But I seriously hope it was BS. We sure do live in interesting times.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I've been told by an old black man who is over 60 years old and is intelligent that the reason he still votes for the ANC, and not the DA, is that if the DA wins, they will bring back apartheid!
    So, it's better that he sticks with the ANC, even though he knows that they are robbing the country blind, and are full of empty promises
    I've heard the same story from several people.

So you don't want to vote for another party, but the ANC have made you cross. So instead of voting them out, you just don't vote. Hence the dwindling voter turn out.

User

There is always the default setting which says if unhappy, you burn things down. This voting thing does not give any fast or even tangible results...

HITMEN FOR HIRE,

Lots of blame on legal gun owners again !!!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21