Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWA Rifles

User

Default Re: HOWA Rifles

O yes and then there is my 303 but that's going to be my working rifle. I also love a 308 as the second rifle i learned to shoot with was a FN-FAL.

User

have any of you guys tried the new howa with the thumbhole laminated stock?

I haven't but there is a review of the 1500 lightning on sniper central

http://www.snipercentral.com/howa.htm

Pretty impressive

User

Hi guys

sorry to bring up such and old topic, but would be nice to hear from the guys who have baught and tested the howa rifles since the last post

i am awaiting my compatency, so in the meantime am looking at rifles, i am very interested in the howa 375ruger, so any info from the guys who have shot one will be nice

thanx

User

Hi guys,

I am also very interested in these rifles just received my comp certs, I have made up my mind to get one the main question is the barrel 20" or 24" heavy in 308.

I am aware of the velocity drop between the 20 and 24, but I think the accuracy would be better with the 20, less barrel flex ect.

Anybody here have any experience with the 20" varminter and the 24" supreme varminter as reviewed by sniper central.

Also who stocks/imports bell & carlson stocks in ZA?

User

Hi,
    I recently got 2 new howa rifles. .375 ruger and .22-250. Cost 5600 and 4900 respective. 375 shoots 3 inch group on 100 m, 22-250 shoots the bullets into each other on 100m. I just shot last week a red hartebeest with my 375, he dropped on the spot could not even jump or take a step. Licenses came for 3 months, bought the rifles from Camdix in krugersdorp.
    Rifles are excellent specially if you consider that they are 1/3 of the price of anything else.
    They came with very light synthetic stocks, which is ok for walking in the bush, but the recoil of the 375 is nothing short of breath taking. For people who don't tolerate recoil very well, might have to consider buying a heavier stock.
    I heard that how a will release next year a.416 rigby. I will buy one the moment they come out. I can recommend how a 1500 to anybody without any reservations.

does anyone know where i can see pics of Howa rifles?they don't seem to have a website,and i'd like to see what models they have available.
    i'm looking at getting a rifle,and i'm leaning away from Remington,since i heard that Howa makes very accurate rifles.
    i take knives to a gunfight

User

Quote Originally Posted by harm View Post
    does anyone know where i can see pics of Howa rifles?they don't seem to have a website,and i'd like to see what models they have available.
    i'm looking at getting a rifle,and i'm leaning away from Remington,since i heard that Howa makes very accurate rifles.

Google is your friend!Plenty local dealers keep them,and some of them even have websites lol.

Perhaps as a first general search,try something like howa+axiom as a search,or howa .223,or howa .308,or legacy sports or similar.

Looking at this on the wishlist over the med term,not sure if the usual .223/.308,or something likec 30-06 or .338?Good luck!

User

BTW the Howa's also come with a fully adjustable trigger.

User

Harm! Plenty dealers in kzn have them! Give Ronald at Highway shooting academy a shout, he sells plenty of them! By far his biggest seller! I think he's got a few there you can have a look at too? The nice thing about them, is that there a plenty different stocks available for them, and lots of different aftermarket stocks available from over in the states.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast