Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sports adventure shooting 13 October 2012

No such thing as bad weather, its the weather. You may of course be inapropriately dressed.;)

Of course.......... :-) Bring knee pads.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

This is by far the most fun I've EVER had! Period! Huge huge thank you too the chaps!!!! I can not wait will the next one!!! EVERY ONE should do this.

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    Of course.......... :-) Bring knee pads.
    Had I read this I would have made a plan :-/

Right now to the honest bit. Today was a tremendous amount of fun!

I met Camo, Bushboy, Honeybadger, Bighunter, Sean Murphy and a few others I guess are on Gunsite (not mentioning real names). My wife and I got a very friendly greeting (which really set my wife at ease). Everything was communicated clearly.

Then the fun started. This is real world stuff guys. Real eye opening stuff!

Nice 3.2KM hike with gear and a heavy gun (can see why Camo has some guns attached to his body XP). This must be done under 40minutes. It sounded easier than was :-/. THEN you must shoot at a paper plate from 100m with your heart beating in your throat (big thanks to Bushboy for letting me use his SLR!). After that things are a bit hazy ;-).

Firearm retention is very important (I had a good lesson when Bushboy dunked me nicely in the gravel :-D). But then it hits you... (not the ground :-P) The guy in the street is going to come fast and hard and there will be a few of them. What was tiring is having two gents trying to wrestle you to the ground and pin you. You learn quickly what works and what does not work.

The rest... I will let you guys experience it. I really do not want to spoil it for anybody!

After every exercise Camo had a small session for feedback from himself and each person that partook in the exercise. Really awesome and educational. Rather do this, don't do that etc etc. Was very constructive!

Safety is of utmost importance and is exercised at all times. ALL times. Neither my wife nor I felt unsafe at any point during the day.

I strongly recommend that everybody who wants a fun, educational day with a little exercise ;-) should support Camo in his SAS cause.

Honestly. I am not going to BS anybody on this forum and my honest opinion (and that of my wife) is that we HIGHLY recommend it!

Thanks again to all involved. A bit bruised and I have skin off in a few places. But I came home with a few new scars and a ton of new experience and stuff to work on!

Bravo gents! Bravo!

User

Glad you finally made it there Ho3rst4g!

Sad I missed it... but then I am nursing a 300 or so shotgun-round grin after Ross' course... :g;
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Glad you finally made it there Ho3rst4g!

Sad I missed it... but then I am nursing a 300 or so shotgun-round grin after Ross' course... :g;

LOL! Sadly I participated but not for the Level 1. I need my own gear. So now the hunt for a nice SLR starts so come next year I am going to take part! Had tons of fun!

Pity you could not make it! Would have been good to kuier a bit.

Forgot to thank the other folks for letting me shoot with their guns! :-/.

Sorry! Thank you very much!

Sounds like fun! Where did you do that?

User

Magnum Range (PDPC) with Ross.

Tactical Shotgun today, Tactical Carbine tomorrow... Woo-hoo!

We'll see you at the Sas year-end shoot then? You're welcome to use my .22 for that.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Magnum Range (PDPC) with Ross.

Tactical Shotgun today, Tactical Carbine tomorrow... Woo-hoo!

We'll see you at the Sas year-end shoot then? You're welcome to use my .22 for that.

For sure! That would be awesome! Thanks JS4!

That tactical training sounds like fun :-P

User

Fun, yes, and great, brilliant training.

Skills that will be put to good use in Sas - 'cause that's where we test and repeat it!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast