Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    User

Default Re: New license app and SAP350 confusion

I beg to differ, the DFO is still incorrect, believing the DFO or reporting it as fact do not make it right. The extra paperwork is not needed, CFR will approve without as was reported by a number of people on here.

Rgrds
    Fight or die

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Starstreak View Post
    You could also just return the gun to the dealer, Southern Arms, who are being remarkably quiet about it on forum. It is their problem as well.
    How is Southern Arms being held in any way liable in all this?

It's all remarkably simple (and this has been set out here by very senior members - including a senior member at CFR) but some of you - Starstreak particularly - seem determined NOT to understand.

If the gun is in the country it was imported via a Permanent Import Permit. When the guns arrive at the port of entry they are already on the CFR system under a Gvt Dept 29 code. The Border Police physically inspect the firearms before they can be released to the dealer. The moment the Police do this inspection the Gvt Dept 29 code is replaced with the importing dealer's code of body. This happens BEFORE the dealers become involved.

If a delaer has the firearm in stock it MUST have already been moved from Govt Dept 29 onto that dealers dealer code. If this has not happened it is because CFR has fucked up!

If the importing dealer sells stock to another dealer he completes a SAPS350b (Stock Supplied) form and the receiving dealer submits a SAPS350a (Stock Received) form - this is standard double entry accounting. However if the firearm is still listed as Govt Dept 29 the SAPS350 forms cannot be inputted. This is because CFR has fucked up!

No matter how many 350s we submit, if CFR has not moved the fiream onto the importing dealer's code the 350s will fail. This is because CFR has fucked up!

HOW is this anything at all that the dealer has a part in, or can be blamed for?

We have caught several DFOs out in blatant and outright lies to us and our customers (see JS4's story). I have had a DFO try to suborn perjury from me by asking me to claim that I received a firearm directly from a certain dealer when there was at least one other dealer in the supply chain. We have DFOs telling us they will have us investigated (this happened to me personally when we happened to have two members of the provincial SAPS CFR Task Team in the shop, coincidentally, it was a hoot!) and/or arrested for chiding them for not doing their jobs and assisting the public.

They blatantly use our customers to blackmail us to do the work they are too lazy/incompetent/stupid to do. We bend over backwards and forwards to help our clients who won't or can't help themselves.

And you threaten the gunshops?

For shame!

Please never darken Tac SHAC's doorstep. We don't want clients such as you.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by sarel.wagner View Post
    I beg to differ, the DFO is still incorrect, believing the DFO or reporting it as fact do not make it right. The extra paperwork is not needed, CFR will approve without as was reported by a number of people on here.

Rgrds
    Fight or die

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I agree, the DFO is incorrect, however the report is not that the DFO is correct, the report is that the DFO is not accepting the application for submission - there is a distinction.

CFR may well approve it without the 350, but getting it to the CFR requires going through said DFO.

User

Default New license app and SAP350 confusion

I don't fault the dealer or the poster for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    I agree, the DFO is incorrect, however the report is not that the DFO is correct, the report is that the DFO is not accepting the application for submission - there is a distinction.

CFR may well approve it without the 350, but getting it to the CFR requires going through said DFO.
    A Bells for the man who actually understands what's going on and what customers (yes those pesky people) have to go through.

@Paul
    SMH

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Starstreak View Post

SMH
    ???

Anyway. What exactly do you want the dealers to do? The DFO has to accept your application and force them to, I've done it before and I wasn't popular but you know what I don't care, I got my licence approved within 2 months, tell them to send it to province you can then track the movement once done. Your are right there is no framework to work with so ask them for the directive in writing stating a 350 must be certified.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    ???

Anyway. What exactly do you want the dealers to do? The DFO has to accept your application and force them to, I've done it before and I wasn't popular but you know what I don't care, I got my licence approved within 2 months, tell them to send it to province you can then track the movement once done. Your are right there is no framework to work with so ask them for the directive in writing stating a 350 must be certified.
    Easy. We call it after-sales service. Check with the DFO that the FA is on the CFR system. If it looks likely to cause a block, locate and supply the orginating 350a. Give to customer and explain why it may be needed. Happy customer, happy dealer. Arguing with the DFO doesn't help (tried that).... And here endeth my story (still SMH) :D

User

Default New license app and SAP350 confusion

@Khumba or Paul, is it possible to write out a new 350 for each gun as you sell it and give it to the purchaser?

Excuse the question, I'm just trying to get an understanding of whether the 350 on your side is one form for the whole shipment only or if you can thereafter subdivide so to speak.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

I still have no idea what SMH means.

But they(the shops) don't have to check, its not their job, its a CFR problem, have you not received copies of the 350's from the shop once the problem was raised by the DFO? What next must the shop fill out the forms, write your motivation, submit your app?

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    I still have no idea what SMH means.
    Shaking My Head
    What next must the shop fill out the forms, write your motivation, submit your app
    I wish it could work like that

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast