Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SAP350 Bottleneck...

As an importer I will not hand out MY import permit and have it become public knowledge. If the DFO needs information iro the import permit he can have the import permit "PI" number.

This whole issue is caused by the inability of SAPS/CFR to properly and in good time manage and administer the system they have put in place.

User

Angry Re: SAP350 Bottleneck...

I just encountered the same problem. I purchased a .308 Bolt Action Rifle have filled out all of the necessary paperwork required for firearm application. I have produced all of the necessary documentation required and have been turned away. I have taken it up with the Dealer and spoken to the Importer. The DFO has been phoned and advised by the dealer and not interested. I do not wish to cancel my purchase so as a customer what am i supposed to do? Its a vicious circle? I am assuming that the whole batch of rifles sitting with the dealer has been caught in the SAP350 bottleneck?

Regards
    James

User

James you need to go to the intro section and tell us a little about yourself.

Have a nice chat with the dealer and ask them to help you out with a SAPS 350 form otherwise your app isn't moving at all. I have found that DFO's get pretty hard assed about it, i tried going over my DFO's head and had no joy so i succumbed to their will eventually. Fortunately the dealer helped me out.

No 350 no app.

User

So who do we phone at CFR to find out what the status is with the 350 form? Call center obviously can't help, and going through the list of CFR numbers isn't helping either. Head of the WC section's number gives a recorded "the number you have dialed does not exist" message. My dealer apparently faxed a copy of the 350 to CFR but now trying to find out if that helped seems to be impossible.

User

I phone either the DFO where I need to hand in or the CFR at 012-353-6111 and ask for a "FA serial number check against the SAP350 status".

So far all agents knew what I wanted and completed the check by announcing the dealer name and FAR number (after accessing another system than for the normal licesing approval checks it seems).

But mine is still stuck with importing dealer.... checked this morning again.

Oh and having a dealer SAP350 is fine only if it has been processed at CFR and reflects as such on the system. If it still show the previous dealer as "owner" of the FA at CFR system, your dealer fresh-350 is going to take you nowhere.

B3

User

Quote Originally Posted by B3 View Post
    Oh and having a dealer SAP350 is fine only if it has been processed at CFR and reflects as such on the system. If it still show the previous dealer as "owner" of the FA at CFR system, your dealer fresh-350 is going to take you nowhere.

B3
    Hi B3, thanks, that's very useful info. I think your last statement also applies to me, rifle still sitting on importer's name.

User

I had the same problem, but i eventually got through to a very helpful fellow at the CFR and he sorted it out for me. My rifle was still on the importers name and hadn't been transferred to the dealer yet. He did that for me and moved my app along.

Get hold of the Colonel that deals with your area and keep bugging them.

The bottom line is this. You are the only one that cares about your application and the process it follows.

User

This is my story:

I purchased a NEA15 from a private seller who had the rifle on a temp license, thus my understanding is that there is no SAP350 and transfer of ownership accompanying said license.
    The rifle is presently sitting at Flora Guns, and was handed over and booked in there by the seller, this is where things get... complicated.

If you call CFR the rifle shows up as registered to TacSHAC and still on their name.
    In TacSHAC's books the rifle has been moved to IFTA and there is a 350b indicating as such.
    IFTA claims this rifle was never received and they have nothing on their books to indicate such.
    The seller tells me he never transferred the rifle to IFTA but only booked it in there under storage permit, and then took possession of it on a temp license.
    Flora Guns submitted a 350a stating they received the rifle from TacSHAC as this is where it's currently registered according to CFR (I'm trying to get the status of this from CFR but the muppets answering the phone say they can't help).

All parties involved say they can't help me straighten this out, as from their perspective they've done what's required per the FCA and CFR.

As far as I can tell, this rifle is in a state of limbo and cannot be licensed in its present state due to mismatching 350s and a complete breakdown in the paper trail following this rifle. So, has anyone got any advice for sorting this mess out? My application form is complete, motivation done, endorsements received, but I can't submit... sad days.

User

OK, so I followed B3's advice, spoke to someone in the WC section and it's moved from 'Received on 18th April' to in consideration at 14:00 this afternoon. May have an answer next week, let's hope it's a happy one, and not a 'return to square 1'.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Cairbre View Post
    This is my story:

I purchased a NEA15 from a private seller who had the rifle on a temp license, thus my understanding is that there is no SAP350 and transfer of ownership accompanying said license.
    The rifle is presently sitting at Flora Guns, and was handed over and booked in there by the seller, this is where things get... complicated.

If you call CFR the rifle shows up as registered to TacSHAC and still on their name.
    In TacSHAC's books the rifle has been moved to IFTA and there is a 350b indicating as such.
    IFTA claims this rifle was never received and they have nothing on their books to indicate such.
    The seller tells me he never transferred the rifle to IFTA but only booked it in there under storage permit, and then took possession of it on a temp license.
    Flora Guns submitted a 350a stating they received the rifle from TacSHAC as this is where it's currently registered according to CFR (I'm trying to get the status of this from CFR but the muppets answering the phone say they can't help).

All parties involved say they can't help me straighten this out, as from their perspective they've done what's required per the FCA and CFR.

As far as I can tell, this rifle is in a state of limbo and cannot be licensed in its present state due to mismatching 350s and a complete breakdown in the paper trail following this rifle. So, has anyone got any advice for sorting this mess out? My application form is complete, motivation done, endorsements received, but I can't submit... sad days.
    As far as Tac SHAC is concerned we transferred the rifle onto IFTA's register in the proper manner and submitted our 350s accordingly. What happened from then on is unknown to us. Seemingly the CFR failed to capture our 350B (if the gun is still on our name)... Surprise!... NOT.

Whatever shenanigans IFTA and Flora Guns have got up to is no business of ours. Flora Guns have submitted a fraudulent 350a!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast