Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: New license app and SAP350 confusion

Sitting with the same problem.

Firearm was not correctly registered with the selling dealer.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

All you need to get is the 350A from the previous dealer, IMO this seems to be the next thing the CFR is using to make it difficult, they are purposefully not updating their data.

I had the same problem with the FAL I bought from TacShac. I had the 350 from Panzer to TacShac but the gun was still listed with Classic Arms. This after Panzer had submitted 4 times in 2012 the stock received. Anyway, I submitted my app with the 350a (Panzer to TacShac) and the 350a (Classic to Panser) and they had no choice but to accept.

What is required is a class action agains the CFR

User

Cordite: how long ago was this ? And how long did it take for your app to be approved?

Class action sounds good but it won't solve my immediate issues. Like I said, dfo wouldn't accept the 350 so now I'm waiting for the dealer to get the details changed at CFR. Lord alone knows how long that will take.

Fingers crossed when not hunting for four-leaved clovers.

I had the same problem. Seems like the average DFO and even most at provincial level don't really know what they are doing. It was only after I insisted on getting the refusal to accept the application in writing (so I can take it to my lawyer) and pointing out to them that there is NOTHING in the FCA that a) places the responsibility on the applicant to correct the administration of the CFR, (350a/b is documentation between the importer/dealer and the CFR and has NOTHING to do with the application for private ownership) b) to provide anything more that a properly filled out 271 and identification c) provide the history of the firearm from the event of entering the county, that they reluctantly accepted the copy of the 350 I gave them. The seem to have gotten the message by then that I was not going to lie down that easily. Or it might have been that I mentioned that I have a very nice and expensive and very capable friend going by the name of Martin.... ;)

BUT - this does seem to be the repeating of an old trend. They tie up the process with admin BS, claiming that the 'system' requires this and that and if you could please f&*@k off and stop bothering them.

The newest trend is that you need to have the complete signed and sealed and backup'ed competency before you are allowed to hand in a 271. In the past you could hand them in both at the same time and they were processed together. That means that if everything is greased you 'might' get a license in 6 months time...

User

It's the same old story.

They don't capture the 350s at CFR and then they tell applicants that it is the dealers' fault.

Just ask all the dealers in the chain to supply you with copies of the required 350s. And no, they do NOT require the originals - scanned documents are fine (had a big fight with a CFR lady about this myself).

IMO this is still a left over from someone deliberately deleting a bunch of import permits a few months ago.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Cordite: how long ago was this ? And how long did it take for your app to be approved?

Class action sounds good but it won't solve my immediate issues. Like I said, dfo wouldn't accept the 350 so now I'm waiting for the dealer to get the details changed at CFR. Lord alone knows how long that will take.

Fingers crossed when not hunting for four-leaved clovers.
    It took about 3 weeks to get both 350a's, app was submitted 03/12/2013, been in at consideration since the 19th Dec.

User

Its a pretty messed up situation to be in. I'm at the mercy simultaneously of the dealer and CFR.

User

Ask the dealer who they got it from and go direct to them for the other 350a. That is what I did.

User

Dealer has already submitted the paperwork to have the details changed at CFR. Just have to sit tight now.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Dealer has already submitted the paperwork to have the details changed at CFR. Just have to sit tight now.
    I wouldn't hold my breath, Panzer submitted their forms 4 times!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast