Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Found on News24

Banned

Default Re: Found on News24

Hi Johan,

We need to try something, the first attempt was nipped in the bud by the anti CF group and never got of the ground. Picture yourself in a few years, explaining, to your grand kids, how you used be able to own firearms, go hunting, go to the shooting range but they cannot do that, because we sat back and did nothing to make sure that it would be part of their heritage. I have grand kids already and they know how to shoot, will yours?

User

Nah, not nipped in the bud by anti-CF people, it didn't get off the ground because CF and friends, through their actions and words, alienated the vast majority of firearm owners (existing and future) from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon Shooter View Post
    Picture yourself in a few years, explaining, to your grand kids, how you used be able to own firearms, go hunting, go to the shooting range but they cannot do that, because we sat back and did nothing to make sure that it would be part of their heritage. I have grand kids already and they know how to shoot, will yours?
    Why do you keep saying that? What makes you so certain that we will not have firearms in a few years?

A couple of years back CF and friends said the same thing about us being disarmed in a few years. My personal firearm collection has increased four-fold in that time and it's not slowing down.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I dont really want to enter this fray,not knowing the players or the history,but the following thoughts came up reading all of this.

Losing a few battles/skirmishes initially doesnt indicate that the war is over nor lost,in fact the way things played may yet prove to be a good thing/not such a bad thing?For the first time firearm owners are forced to join organisations,ie possibly the beginnings of being/getting organised propper.

Lets be honest,you must really really want a firearm to go through all this crap,so the core foundation is there, present already albeit disjointed for now.

We may not yet see it,ego's etc being a problem but a NRA-type organisation isnt an impossibility.That idea does resonate with me and I'm sure plenty others will agree...

For now divide and conquer is still working for the powers in charge it seems.
    Last edited by curious george; 07-10-2012 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by wrm View Post
    Dick, I disagree with you on the battle having been lost.
    Yes, you are right. I meant that government has not given an inch on the FCA. But its true that if a determined resistance had not been made we would have ended up worse off than we are. I think it is fair to say that we forced government to accept that it cannot impose the total prohibition that it would like. And GFSA has been a lot quieter since we showed that it couldn't get unlimited free publicity unchallenged. I also agree that all is not lost, but I would suggest to younger members that their future rights and their children's rights will be found in helping the DA to improve its position.

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Dick, it is not about the arguments and sentiments around the threat to our rights and what should be done about it that I, for one, will not associate with any initiative instigated or actively participated in by Peter, it is about the way in which he and a very few other people have treated myself and others in the past.

Believe it or not, we all (mostly) agree and are willing to work together for the greater good.
    First, thanks for the kind words. Perhaps I didn't put it too well, so let me re-phrase. I don't expect you to associate with Peter Moss if you dislike him so much. But simple generosity, not to mention honesty, demands that credit should not be denied those who have earned it, whether we like them or not. Peter Moss earned it in spades. That was the only point I wanted to make.

As for so many willing to work for the common good, not true I'm afraid. As wrm says, we could have been much better off today if more than a handful had gotten off their butts. They didn't, so why would they now ?

User

Banned

Thanks Wouter for posting this, it brings back a lot of memories.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Nah, not nipped in the bud by anti-CF people, it didn't get off the ground because CF and friends, through their actions and words, alienated the vast majority of firearm owners (existing and future) from the get-go.

Why do you keep saying that? What makes you so certain that we will not have firearms in a few years?

A couple of years back CF and friends said the same thing about us being disarmed in a few years. My personal firearm collection has increased four-fold in that time and it's not slowing down.
    Hi Johan, are you really happy with the present situation? A new application and the whole story over and over again and the long wait, if you are then your much more patient than most. would you not like a situation where you can go to a dealer to buy a firearm and walk out with it? I would and I bet many others would.

User

That's a different story altogether.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon Shooter View Post
    Thanks Wouter for posting this, it brings back a lot of memories.
    Yea, that's where we learned that 350 000 signatures on one petition counts as one, not as 350 000.

We were schnaaied.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast