Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Double Action Revolver Sports Shooting

We are still looking for new members! If you would like to shoot revolver, but without the "run and gun", then come and join us.

Peter

Next Saturday, the 18th, we are shooting Carry Gun followed by our 90 round DA revolver event at the Eeufess target ranges on range 6. If you want to try either, or both, of these then send me a PM.

Peter

Saturday week, the 13th, we are shooting Pocket Gun followed by our 90 round DA revolver event at the SWAT ranges (Eeufess is STILL not open). If you want to try either, or both, of these then send me a PM.

Don't worry about the Pocket bit, just bring a pistol or revolver!

Peter

Our September monthly Pretoria Revolver Club shoot is on the 10th at the military Eeufess target range.

We will be shooting a Stock Semi Auto/Standard Revolver Match first, followed by our usual 90 round Double Action Revolver Match. The SSA/SR match requires 48 rounds and you can choose pistol or revolver. The revolver should be a 4”, but bring what you have.

Both matches are shot from the holster, but no running or gymnastics! We always welcome new people and if you want more information, courses of fire, etc give me a call or a PM.

Peter
    073 141 3326

User

I am unfortunately going to miss this one due to our clubshoot being moved to this date.

But I encourage anyone who is up for a challenge to spend your 50 bucks (Yes... ONLY 50) and enjoy the day. This is not your typical Run and Gun match. You shoot every string (from different distances) against the clock, and you have to use the front sight and all your fundamantals for EVERY single shot. You cannot make up for shit shooting by running fast or doing a quick reload. This is presission shooting in its purest form.

In a run'n-gun match you can get a decent score by being really fast and making C and D zone hits with a spattering a A's in between (I know that is an over simplification...), but with this you have to fire 48 PERFECT shots with your 9mm or revolver and in the main revolver event its 90 PERFECT shots. If you f__ up your fundamentals you suffer.

User

It's relatively easy, can be stressful. I shoot these matches regularly and like M43 said. There is no making up. The 48 shot match is the entry level to PPC WA 1500.

Why not try something different for your last shoot of the year? On Saturday the 10th, at the Eeufess target shooting range, we wil be holding a 60 round "600 Match" for pistols and revolvers. Positional and barricade shooting from the holster against time limits whilst trying to stay in (get in?) the X and 10 ring. Then our usual 90 round double action from the holster revolver match.

Drop me a PM if you want more details.

Peter

User

I strongly suggest to folks who EDC revolvers to give this a go. It's challenging, but fun

User

Watching a revolver run fast by someone who knows how is really lekker.

User

Does this count as a club shoot? How many dedicated points would one get for participating?

Even if none it does kinda sound like fun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast