Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Second time in four weeks!

Also you could get some gin traps (bear traps ) and lay them in your yard, much better as it has its own alarm when it goes off lol. ( Wish this was legal)

User

Those Roboguards are excellent - you won't be sorry.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

I had similar incidents at my house in Wierda Park. Added two Roboguard beams and the alarm was triggered a few times by visitors. Then added electric fencing and they cut the fence three times. The two in combination were fairly ok from a
    First line perspective. A dog inside is also very helpful.

I would suggest getting the Roboguard with an alarm system you can partition. You can let the Roboguard "chime" when you are awake and activate it at night to set off the alarm.

No matter how you look at it, its still better to chase off the unwanted visitors off than to let the beam alert you only and leave you with a situation where you have to confront them.

User

Roboguard is tops. Added it to our existing alarm with exterior passives as a secondary system. Easy to mount and program. And the best feature is that they are wireless. We did however modify ours by adding a louder buzzer.

Whatever happens, don't get caught sleeping!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Not part of a forum, no. I'm REALLY cautious of rolling into patrol, as most of these guys think they're the police, and as much as I love my fellow law-abiding citizen, I cannot risk my life on his/her regard. If I'm on patrol and a house robbery is reported, it will be not only be selfish of myself to risk my life in the situation (life insurance and the works won't pay out), it's also stupid to think I can enter a house I've never been in before with a gun loaded in the dead of night to confront an unknown amount of bad guys with unknown weapons who have probably been watching/scanning/studying the house and it's layout for weeks before the break-in. I know our neighbors own and carry weapons, as does the guy two houses down. The neighbors on the other side are new, and I don't trust them. I know it's probably a racist thing to do/say, but I simply don't. They're new, I rarely see them and since I can remember we've had issues with the people who were living in that house (four families to date).

Like I said, I'm completely desperate now, I think we'll be getting those RoboGuard things and if it goes off there's going to be big $#!t for whatever entity finds itself on our lawn at the time. Considering sleeping with my .303 now as well. It doesn't have a scope (currently fitted with ghost rings) so for nighttime use in the floodlight over the lawn it's just perfect!
    Geez are you miss informed about how and what the duties of a GPF and it's members are.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvw View Post
    Geez are you miss informed about how and what the duties of a GPF and it's members are.
    I most possibly am, you are not incorrect. What I've been hearing from one of them though, BMW CID (the one in the Waverley area) are of the cowboys type. Like Kilnerpark Security. I do NOT want to be associated with a "club" like that. I've seen a few of the BMW CID guys carry at night where they arrive at the Total garage in Codonia Avenue, they don't conceal or do any trouble to attempt to conceal, they're cocky and think they're immortal with the pistol on the hip. Stupid, stupid, stupid if you ask me.

User

Just remember you can put as much barb wire and roboguards in as you whant but you have to leave your home sometime. There is no "club" and "cowboys" are delt with. All we are and trying to be are extra pairs of eyes and ears, to be visible, to keap your midnight visitors at bay, but go ahead be the king of your own little mole hill and sit back and wait for them to come visit you again.

User

Just remember you can put as much barb wire and roboguards in as you whant but you have to leave your home sometime. There is no "club" and "cowboys" are delt with. All we are and trying to be are extra pairs of eyes and ears, to be visible, to keap your midnight visitors at bay, but go ahead be the king of your own little mole hill and sit back and wait for them to come visit you again.
    I fully understand Toxxyc's view on GPF style community patrols. I've encountered similar people in our area. He wants to 'uphold' the law when it suits himself, but behave like a dipshit when it doesn't. They act on a false sense of authority. Spending time around guys with this attitude is dangerous.

I am in no way saying this is how it is in your GPF. Just saying I understand where the perception comes from.

User

'scuse my ignorance, what is a GPF?

User

If your CPF works well etc, please do not assume that it is like that everywhere. Toxxyc is quite right in his perceptions that many CPF's are sadly guilty of. Be glad if yours doesn't...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast