Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Alarm system - Advice please

Paul, where did you get the Paradox from? I see a number of online retailers, but for these type of things I prefer a brick and mortar.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Krokodil View Post
    Paul, where did you get the Paradox from? I see a number of online retailers, but for these type of things I prefer a brick and mortar.
    The importers are just down the road from me. Spectrum Communications. Phone them and ask for a preferred installer in your area.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Thanks. I made contact with S4 and they seem ok.

User

We just moved into our new house last week. We have no alarm system installed at the moment and there are 1 or 2 windows that does not have any BG bars. I'll tell you something, I dont sleep very well at night. I'm also in the market for a alarm system at the moment and find the info here very helpfull. Also not having allot of experience with alarm systems it will cost me a bit of ime to sit down and read what is on the market and what is the bes for us.Budget is also limited. but if I can at least sort out our alarm system in the house at the moment I will sort out beams outside later.

Are there any more suggestions from anyone?

Sorry for taking over your thread Pilgrim, but it will be useless to do my own thread for exactly the same topic. Have you decided on a system yet?

I have an IDS816 and I am very happy. Bought my dad an IDS X64 the other day. Expandable to 64 zones. Was around R1200. Includes X64(8zone) + 8 zone expander (accepts 4 8 zone expanders), LCD keypad. Also got him a few passives (12m 110°), 100m 6 core wire, battery, charger, 100W siren, sound bomb, door switches, panic buttons etc. Totalled around R2600. DIY.

Not too bad to install. Wiring is the fun part.

To add to this: You can install a radio unit as the alarm has a few programmable outputs, you can connect a telkom line and program who it should call, you can partition the alarm system and many other fun things to play with.

Value for money.

User

No problem Rambo, the more info we can get, the better for all.

Currently the IDS816 and the Predator X2 are on top of my list. Just want to weigh up the pro's and con's of each. Hostage some thought and opinions on your alarm please.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by P1LGR1M View Post
    No problem Rambo, the more info we can get, the better for all.

Currently the IDS816 and the Predator X2 are on top of my list. Just want to weigh up the pro's and con's of each. Hostage some thought and opinions on your alarm please.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know the Predator X2. Ask and I will try to answer. :-)

User

I know the predator x2. It's the system I use. Ask away.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    We just moved into our new house last week. We have no alarm system installed at the moment and there are 1 or 2 windows that does not have any BG bars. I'll tell you something, I dont sleep very well at night. I'm also in the market for a alarm system at the moment and find the info here very helpfull. Also not having allot of experience with alarm systems it will cost me a bit of ime to sit down and read what is on the market and what is the bes for us.Budget is also limited. but if I can at least sort out our alarm system in the house at the moment I will sort out beams outside later.

Are there any more suggestions from anyone?

Sorry for taking over your thread Pilgrim, but it will be useless to do my own thread for exactly the same topic. Have you decided on a system yet?
    I would say the beams are more important. The earlier you get alerted, the better.

Ditto

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast