Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: CCW and hospitals

I have only casual visits to SB. Working in E.M.S we do a transfer once in a while there. If I may add some information to this post. Government Hospitals are prime spots for criminal activity. I know first hand. Nightshifts are scary, even on the Platteland. Hospitals are also vunrable to hostage situations. I will defnitely let her carry. But that weapon must never ever be vissible !

Necroing here but has anyone here carried their gun on them at a state hospital? I may visit someone at over the weekend but its a 100km trip there on some quiet backroads and i dont really want to leave Mr Glock at home... Otherwise i am thinking of stripping down the gun and carryinglower in one pocket and slide etc in another pocket while i am there so its not so easy to see if i am stopped? Any ideas anyone? Not sure if there is any security doing searches at these places.

User

I'd carry in whatever my deepest concealment setup is and just have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I'd carry in whatever my deepest concealment setup is and just have at it.
    ja... Ill maybe do that.. I have a leather holster that sits a bit too deep for my liking so ill try that. Juat swop over before i arrive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tappets View Post
    Necroing here but has anyone here carried their gun on them at a state hospital? I may visit someone at over the weekend but its a 100km trip there on some quiet backroads and i dont really want to leave Mr Glock at home... Otherwise i am thinking of stripping down the gun and carryinglower in one pocket and slide etc in another pocket while i am there so its not so easy to see if i am stopped? Any ideas anyone? Not sure if there is any security doing searches at these places.
    Many times, security has never stopped me for anything.

User

You don't say where you're going Tappets, but if Tygerberg just be aware that there are metal detectors at the entrance. Easily defeated though – just throw a cheap disposable knipmes in your pocket. When the thing beeps, sheepishly hand over the knife and they will let you through. Pick up the knife again on your way out. Easy.

Well...no issues..wasnt even asked if i carried a gun or knife.. Security were more interested in why i had brought a packet of toilet rolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Tappets View Post
    Well...no issues..wasnt even asked if i carried a gun or knife.. Security were more interested in why i had brought a packet of toilet rolls...
    Why did you bring a pack?
    Do they not give patients toilet paper or do they only provide 1 ply?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2