Thread: hello

Default hello

Good afternoon all

stumbled on the site and immediately registered given my lifelong interest in the Dark Continent and the history of South Africa. Ive got quite a few friends here in the States that are from SA, couple from Zambia and an older gentleman who now lives in Birmingham, Al who's a Rhodesion (left before the change).

My lifelong interest in firearms are tied into my full and parttime career fields. Im a Police Detective with the City of Fayetteville, Ga. USA. My additional duties with the Dept. are SWAT Team Leader and Adjunct Dept Firearms Instructor.

Im also an US Army Reservist with 23 years combined active and reserve. I started by military career with the 1st Ranger Bn, 75th Ranger Regt. In addition to my time in the Ranger Regt with US Special Operations, I also served in the US Army Reserve's Small Arms Readiness Group as an Firearms Instructor Detachment NCOIC.

As a side note, I have a family member from SA. I sleep well at night knowing he will immediately let me know when its time to grab a gun and flashlight.

Look forward to both learning and contributing,

Marvin

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: hello

thats a beautiful dog. welcome
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Welcome to GS, probably the only site of its type in africa. Although the server lives in the US :P When are you guys going to stop buying all the SD ammo? We are back to using pointy sticks.

User

Welcome to Gunsite...

Hope to see/notice you around...

Howzit and welcome...

Hope you enjoy and feel free to share....

Greetings. If you look beyond the madness on this site, you'll occasionally get some firearm info! hpy180
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Hi 11bv4,

Welcome to GS! Interesting history you have there, I'm sure you'll add lots of value.
    I like your local family member btw! hpy180

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind
    Greetings. If you look beyond the madness on this site, you'll occasionally get some firearm info! hpy180
    I'm also new to this site, but i'm already hooked. It is a great site to learn. I've learned more from this site in the last few days than the last 10 years as gunowner and property owner. the tips you pick up here is invaluable. Enjoy it and have fun. Welcome

User

Welcome to GS dude, you have a hound from SA and I have one from USA, American Bulldog. Beautiful breed of dog.