Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: What are your collecting themes?

Andy
    TRG 41 338LM or 300WM if u don't mind saying. Nice HKs, a G3, G36 would round that set up nicely

mine is 338LM, i only wanted it in either 338LM or 7,62NATO, but way preferred the TRG in 338LM as i am keeping the 7,62 caliber for my Accuracy International, then would love a M400/M200 cheytac

Quick question, just to be silly. I was inspired by "firearms used in the shooting sports"
    How tolerant are collector's associations on the depth of a theme? I am not a collector but want to ask just for fun, if I was one, could I make very broad themes eg:

Guns under 2 metres long
    Guns incorporating steel parts
    Guns using a firing pin for primer indentation
    Guns firing metallic projectiles

And then I could explain why I felt guns of these types were excellent ;D

Quote Originally Posted by zax
    Quick question, just to be silly. I was inspired by "firearms used in the shooting sports"
    How tolerant are collector's associations on the depth of a theme? I am not a collector but want to ask just for fun, if I was one, could I make very broad themes eg:

Guns under 2 metres long
    Guns incorporating steel parts
    Guns using a firing pin for primer indentation
    Guns firing metallic projectiles

And then I could explain why I felt guns of these types were excellent ;D
    they are not tolerant at all, first you will have to have the association executive comitee look at your intended themes, these are not the ignorant SAPS CFR guys, these will be fellow collectors and will have vast knowledge of firearms, they will not even allow it from there side if it is too vague, i was worried that my theme would be too vague as it was already, they particularly want specifics in any feild of interest, for egsample, HK pistols from 1970-2008. there is however, no limit to the number of themes that you may have, so if u like HK, Glock and S&W, have those three as your themes and whatever else you would like to collect...

Hi I am in the process of applying to become a collector with SAAACA. I collect and own .22 firearms. Would you say that is too broad a category? I currently have 5 three rifles and 2 pistols and a few waiting in the wings. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Regards

Hi Zax

Andy is quite right regarding the depth of a theme.

All my themes have not been approved yet, so unfortunately I can't be of much help at this stage. Shooting sports has been listen as an "acceptable" theme, but you will have to be able to properly motivate it.

Will get back to you on this.

Andy, Wolverine
    Thanks guys. I filled out my applications and had another collector check them and recommend me and you guys saved me from a lot. I will now proceed to get poor in the name of collecting.

Hi Zax

Getting poor in the name of collecting - now there's a worthwhile cause if there ever has been one ;D

Enjoy!

Well here I will try and explain to you what I collect, I will post a few pic's along the way as well, I am also in the process of applying to join SAAAACA, I have already filled out and answered their questions, have to attache a few pic's and send it off to them.

Basically what I collect, or to discribe the actual theme is very difficult, it varies each time I go out
    "Hunting" and thus just to get the ball rolling enjoy this first pic.

This pic shows you a brief glimps of myself out "Hunting" with my Minelab, on this particular trip, I found some very interesting items, a very old spade. A steel tent peg and a variety of 303 doppies.

To give you a better idea, I also have a few mates that are part of our group and this pic below will show you what we collect, each of us has our own collections, this one is to just get you really excited.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast