Thread: Benjamin Trail

User

Default Benjamin Trail

Hello everybody.

I am hoping their are some peolpe out their that can help me. I bought the Benjamin trail np XL 1500 fps. I was wondering if anyone has one of these or has had experience with this gun that you could share with me and what type of pellets you have used?

In advance

THANKS

User

Default Re: Benjamin Trail

they are very nice guns but let rip like mad try going for the heavier pellets as at that speed the lighter ones tend to lose stability. I got best results with jsb exacts from sharp edge in sandton. With a piston airgun it is all about how you shoot it. Be carefull of firing over a deadrest as the recoil on them can put your accuracy down. make sure your hold is always 4 points( two hands shoulder amd cheek) and always the same as this will help with the recoil absorbtion. Further than that it is a great gun and you can really push airgun distances with it. o and be carefull of shooting in built up areas it does break the sound barrier and the sonic boom is loud, people around may notice.
    enjky a great gun.

User

Hi gertjie

Ive got two types of pellets at the moment trying to see which one works best at the moment. Ive got the AIR ARMS diabolo field heavy which is 10.3 grains (0.670 grams) and the JSB exact monster diabolo which is 13.43 grains (0.870grams). I use a bipod to rest my gun on. Would that effect my accuracy at all?

User

Yes, spring guns like your hand, not a dead rest. Remove the bipod and shoot with the stock in your hand. A lot. 1500fps is really (too) fast for a spring-powered air rifle. Can you tune it down?

User

Its a nitro piston.

User

Yes, the piston shakes the rifle when you pull the trigger (on release) and again when it reaches the front of the tube. It does not like a dead rest. Also make sure that you put a springer rate scope on it. It kills normal (and sometimes quite expensive) scopes.

User

Im using the scope that came with the gun. Its a Center Point 3-9*40

User

Both are good pellets just check and see which ones work for you. Jip take off that bipod it will severely affect accuracy. Like mentioned allways maintain four points of contact, the bipod does mot allow this. Piston powered are not that tough on scopes so you should be fine.the centre point scopes are ok. Again cant emphasize this enough your body needs to absorb the recoil of the gun so no dead rests including bipods. On a dead rest it is really difficult to manage the recoil. Eventhough it is a light recoil it can open up your groups frustratingly big.

@proad prado it is really fast but is kinda the point of this gun. They make a 1200 fps as well but this one gi es awesome groups out to 100m

User

One more question. What would br a better scope for this gun then?

User

I have had good success with Nikko Sterling Diamonds. But have a look at airrifle.co.za, they discuss scopes at length there.