Default Steve Anderson - Training Books Available!

Would you like to see a dramatic improvement in your shooting in the 2013 Season?

Do you need some Training material for the upcoming holidays?

Both of Steve Andersons Books are available from us @ the combo price of R695

p.s We will be closing friday the 14th

Refinement and Repetition is an 8 1/2 x 11, spiral-bound book made up of 38 dry fire drills, including the exact drills used to achieve the rank of Grand Master in one year after buying my first Open Gun. I am obviously a huge believer in the power of dry fire practice to make all of the skills required to fire a pistol accurately at high speed truly subconsciously controlled. When the basic gunhandling skills are subconsciously controlled you are no longer drawing, aiming, pulling the trigger and firing the gun. You are simply shooting.

This book exists because I set a goal. I wanted to be a GM. It became an obsession for me after I watched Blake Miguez do some high speed hosing on a Matt Burkett DVD. I had never seen or even contemplated shooting a gun that fast, but I knew I could do it with practice. Because both my parents were music teachers, I fully understood the power of practice and had already experienced it first hand as a guitar player. As a teenager I spent hours playing scales and finger exercises on un unplugged electric guitar to build finger strength, speed and coordination, so the idea of dry fire made perfect sense to me.

I analyzed the USPSA classifiers and realized that most of them involved shooting six rounds, reloading, and then shooting six more rounds and various target arrays. From there it was simple to devise drills to address those challenges. These became the first 12 drills in Refinement and Repetition. The others came after a similar analysis of the skills that are needed in common USPSA stages.

It’s important to remember that I never set out to write a dry fire book. I set out to make GM. The book got produced because I got tired of giving away the drills for free.

Trust me, it works. If you want to get really good, really quick, there’s no better way.

Principles of Performance is the logical continuation of Steve’s first book, Refinement and Repetition. It follows Steve’s progression from a shooter who was driven to be Ohio’s first USPSA Grand Master to a shooter who wanted better, more consistent match performance.

The new book places a heavy emphasis on match consistency and the mental qualities required for solid USPSA (United States Practical Shooting Association) match performance. It is designed to take a good shooter with sound fundamentals and basic skills to a place where he can better utilize those basic skills in the world of high-stress competition.

There are drills designed specifically to improve field course skills, as well as drills designed to isolate the challenges a shooter begins to see at larger matches.

Principles of Performance also covers the common mistakes seen at every USPSA match, as well as their solutions. Most shooters will recognize themselves in the “Common Mistake” portion of the book, thereby gaining the means to identify a simple solution to every problem.

Also featured is Steve’s interview with Lanny Bassham, on the topic of creating a winning self image in the arena of national competition. He interviewed Lanny for over an hour and transcribed the entire conversation.

He also details his first two experiences on National Championship “Super Squads,” which give the reader a good idea of what it’s like to be squadded with the best shooters in the sport.

In his first book, Refinement and Repetition, Steve helped the shooter achieve the goal of higher class placement based on improving fundamental skills. In Principles of Performance, Steve shows you how to take those skills and put them to work by improving match placement.
    Table of Contents
    Dedication
    Introduction
    The Fine Print
    FAQ
    Dry Fire is Useless
    Irons vs. Open
    The Conscious and Subconscious mind
    The Self Image Evolution of the Mental Game
    Lanny Bassham Interview
    Dusting off the Double Deuce
    The Super Squad
    Winning Stages Sucks
    Common Mistakes
    Drills, Props, and Creativity
    Dry Drills 1-21
    Live Fire Drills L1-L8

User

Default Re: Steve Anderson - Training Books Available!

Great books! I got the wife to buy them for me for Xmas. The best shooters in the world use these. No better recommendation than that.

User

Default Re: Steve Anderson - Training Books Available!

So when are you getting these in again? ��