Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 9mm

Default Re: CZ P07 9mm

Kreefstert;

Assuming it would go another hundred or so rounds of my carry load without a hitch...and I feel very confidant it would...yes, I would bet my life on it.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Nice review. I am swopping my current SD revolver out for the P07, I am also going to use it for IPSC and SADPA in the future. I am looking forward to owning it and have high hopes for it.

User

Ikor thanks for the thorough review, the followups and I look forward to the ones to come. I've liked the PO7 since the first time I saw it, and although I opted to go the M&P route (very happily) I may one day like another toy too... And I like Czech models...! :-D

:- P

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Kreefstert;

Assuming it would go another hundred or so rounds of my carry load without a hitch...and I feel very confidant it would...yes, I would bet my life on it.
    Noted, thank you very much.

Much obliged Ikor, having started shooting when CZ75's and beretta 92's'were the about the only regularly available serious contender in town it is pleasing to see the PO7 uphold the legendary CZ reliability. From what I have read the slide and barrel is nitrided as per glock and MP.

Went yesterday to a friend's private range and we put 100rd each of WW 127gr+P+ Ranger T, 147gr Ranger T, and 147gr Federal HST, all of which I have used and would / may use again as carry loads (HST is my current load). That puts the P07 over the 1000rd mark without a single malfunction...none at all. I have cleaned it once...after the first session...and it is now cleaned again and lubed with some Frog Lube I am trying out.

I also got my two magazines and the night sights I ordered from CZ USA just the other day. (these guys do NOT mess around...they ship faster than almost anyone I have dealt with) The night sights are made from polymer and not steel, but so long as they work well and stay in place I could care less...although it remains to be seen if the front sight will have issues with the carry holsters. I will report on that as soon as I have time to shoot it with them in place.

As soon as my new holster comes in I will put the gun into the carry rotation with no qualms whatsoever as to its accuracy or reliability. I only wish that SureFire made a DG switch for it so I could mount the X300 Ultra on there...sadly that is unlikely to ever happen and that huge trigger guard makes it a certainty that no other DG switch will work either. Of course, I can still run the light with the standard switch setup but the DG switches have spoiled me. Actually, I could CCW the gun right now since it actually fits pretty well in my MTAC made for the HK P2000...not perfectly but it will stay in place with a belt. It will NOT fit the MTAC for my G19 however. Magazines...externally...are almost a carbon copy of the P2000 mag with the exception of the floorplates and I am sure any open top carrier for a P30 will also work with the P07 mags.

In all honesty, I don't know when I was last as pleasantly surprised by a firearm's quality and performance for the dollar as I have been by this little CZ. As they say in the boxing world, it punches well above its' weight. I would...and do...happily recommend it as a definite contender alongside the G19, P30, M&P series, Sig 228, Beretta PX series and 92 Compacts or Walther PPQ. To boot, it costs less than any of them. To tell you how much I like and trust it at this stage, I would not only carry it myself, I would give it to my son or daughter for them to carry (if I could pry their G19's away from them :-)

Here in the states, CZ's service and warranty is excellent...on a par with Glock and S&W and better than Sig or Beretta, although in fairness, those things can and do change from time to time. HK used to have sucky service but they have improved hugely now. Sig and Beretta used to be absolutely wonderful...not so much today although I am hearing good things about Sig again lately.

I am keeping a log on this pistol and will continue with reports from time to time, but for you guys who have 'em, I think you have a great pistol. For the guys thinking about buying one, fear not provided you get one above SR# A80XXX in 9mm and can get magazines and parts in-country...the P07 will get you home if any 9mm pistol can.

For the dealers handling these guns, I would suggest stocking up on the factory magazines until and unless MecGar brings out their own and we confirm it works. I would also lay in a few extractors and springs, some recoil springs, a couple slide stops (although there has never been any indication that this is a weak point with the P07) and maybe some of the tritium sights as well. (jury is still out on those for now with me however)

In the coming weeks, I think me and ol' SGB are gonna play some with the gun. He is a whiz with trigger work and has agreed that he would like to see if he can smooth it up a bit and take the tiny bit of creep out of the SA trigger. He also likes it...one reason being that as a big guy he can still get a full grip on the gun. Will report on that as well. What we won't be doing is lightening springs or hacking / whacking anything up...this is and will remain a serious use pistol.

Anyhoo...a very Merry Christmas to all here and may you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Thank you for this report. I know it will make many smile.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Put another 100rd of assorted JHP ammo through the P07 this morning. This was stuff I have had around for well over a decade. Some was old...and I mean OLD...turned in duty ammo while some was stuff people gave me, etc. Federal HydraShok, Federal 115gr standard velocity, Speer GD 124gr+P, WW old 147gr FBI stuff, and a few WW 127gr+P+ loads with black bullets but NOT labeled 'Black Talon'...LE Only ammo.

Pistol is absolutely boring as shid...just shoots and shoots and...well...you get the idea. Not a single problem, although a few rounds were obviously underpowered. The new holster from ConcealedCarry.com is the shitz! Starting tomorrow this gun is in the CCW rotation...I REALLY like this pistol!

Got bored and decided to start a review of an older Beretta M92FS as well as an older M92FS Compact that have graced my safe for a very long time now without being shot at all. Beautiful guns, the Berettas...smooth as silk. More on another thread now...
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

I have found this review to be invaluable as it is both objective and informative. I will probably have the unenviable task of selecting between the P07 and the G19.

Putting you on the spots, having shot and owned both, price taken into consideration (will only have two mags) which of the two would get your vote if this was for SD and not any form of sports shooting?

Apologies could I add a P30 to the mix.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast