Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Help. What chrono?

How hot do you normally allow your barrel to get when shooting a chronied string? Meaning that your are doing load development where measuring velocity and trying to achieve best groups.

I have had my ms sporter for about 2 and a half years. The only sign of damage is some superficial damage along the bayonette from the muzzle blast. I have had it on a steel suppressor that was too to handle after a longer than usual string, but no damage to the strap and spacer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

The other problem with doing chrony work and having a hot barrel is the heating of round in chamber.

Unless you close bolt and squeeze trigger quickly, the chamber transfers heat to the cartridge and will give higher mv than expected.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So there are but a few manufacturers of the optics and sensors. Most chronographs have the same results as they use the same electronics with the same sampling rates and roughly the same distance between the sensors. If I remember correctly the CED has a better sampling rate, and doubling the distance between the sensors increases the resolution.Researched this some time ago when I bought my CED it was this that decided me.
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

OK, thanks for the further feedback, gents - that's good to know.

My Magnetospeed V3 is on it's way from Brownells. Let's hope it's quick.

My parcels have been averaging 2-3 weeks, door-to-door, from the USA recently, incl JIMC and customs!

User

So, some feedback from today's trip to the range with the Magnetospeed V3 and my AR.

This chrony is so simple and easy to operate, it's amazing. Literally plug and play.

Fast & minimal setting up with the picatinny rail adaptor: just clamp on to the rail underneath, tighten 1 screw, check that there is sufficient clearance between bullet flight path and "bayonet" & you're ready to go, in moments.

I was pleasantly surprised at how small & compact the set-up is, and how easy it is to get quick, accurate results.

In the end, it cost me about R7K to buy from Brownells, including shipping and duties, which is quite dear, but it ticks all my boxes & I'm suitably satisfied with my purchase.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4