Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Musgrave made firearms

So it seems that musgrave rifles will be made once again. I had a look at the new musgrave rifles at the huntex cape this past weekend and I must say that I was impressed. Actions were bought over from vektor and they also make the barrels themselves. I didn't see if it was a original mauser action but if not it's a carbon copy because it looks exactly the same as my true k98 mauser action. It looks and feels like a musgrave, maybe even a bit better, and the quality was promised to be the same as the true musgraves.
    At the end of the day I couldn't resist and ordered a new one for my wife. Will hopefully fetch it December in Ermelo. J & J Wapens en Geweersmede is now the owner of the Musgrave name. I hope them all the best!

User

That doesnt look like an intro at all.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    That doesnt look like an intro at all.
    I LOL'ed

Quick question - why wasn't I nailed for not posting an intro when I started off here? I posted one after a few posts only in the normal forums, but was never taken on about it. The reason I never posted an intro was because the work PC really isn't up to spec and didn't allow a new thread or w/e at the time, so I just quit and came back later while forgetting all about the intro.
    EDIT: It's a thread jack, not an OP. Sorry.

Hi Guys,
    I am in the UK and trying to find a Musgrave 83 stock to copy the inlet. I was wondering if any one had a Musgrave 83 and could either post or email me some photos of the stock inlet and also the action out of the stock .It would be a great help. I was just wondering if a K98 inlet could be converted. The rifle its for is Namibia (its a real long story). Also if any one knows if 83 would fit a 90 stock.
    Cheers,
    Paul.

User

Hi hweich. Still researching my rifle. Do you have any contact info for Edward Musgrave in Bloem? Thanks.

User

Hi,

I have found and am busy buying a Musgrave in 270 W. Its a model 80. It spent the last 7 - 8 years or so as a safe queen. Who can give me some more info on the rifle? Serial numbers are M2XX- 9XX on the barrel.

Or if anybody knows who I can speak to, it would be highly appreciated.

Does any one know what system the Musgrave 9mm pistol uses? I have read on the Internet that it is either Based on the Frommer or the Roth-Steyer pistols. I have now dissasembled my Musgrave and it is neither a long recoil as the Frommer Nor a rotating barrel as the Roth-Steyr. The barrel on the Musgrave is fixed, and it looks like a ordinary blowback to me. Given the calibre, I was of the belief that this was not possible in a pistol.

Blowback from what I recall, the idea was to make it as cost effective as possible.

Hmmm, guess I will not load it with SMG 9mm then, its ability to take heavy loads should be limited.

Hi.ek wonder watter model Musgrave is hierdie.
    Op die loop staan Musgrave & seun/son Bloemfontein.
    Op die aksie staan Rep van Suid Afrika
    Nommer is B 762 xxx..het laaste 3 nommers vergeet
    Verder is 7.62 nie 308 nie
    Kan van julle manne my dalk sę watter Musgrave die is
    O ja kolf hetvn wangstuk op

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast