Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Glock 17 Nobletec reload stove pipe

Went to the range this morning with my Glock 17 gen 3. 50 or so rounds went by perfectly, but then I hit a snag. I used Nobletec reloads, as many times before.

One round complete with casing got stuck in the barrel upon pulling the trigger, the slide was locked back about a centimeter and no amount of force could disengage the slide. A helpful fellow by the name of Paul, assisted in removing the sear, firing pin etc, and managed to get remove the round.

Upon closer inspection, the casing had a bulge and according to the guys who has experience with reloading, the stove pipe was due to the a bad reloaded round (Case used too many times) and not the firearm.

We did notice a "krapmerk" on each of the ejected casings that wasn't there before today though. Linear, going down vertically along each case. I cleaned and inspected my firearm, but could not see anything suspicious.

Any advice? I'm a bit hesitant to use the reloads, but it could have been just one bad reload.

User

Default Re: Glock 17 Nobletec reload stove pipe

This has been discussed a lot, do a search. I do not use Nobletec because of the shit QC.

User

Too many horror stories of Nobletec's.. Try global precicions! I have shot plenty with no issues, my friend also shoots them all the time both with glock 19's they are R130/50 at centurion indoor

Quote Originally Posted by Dinat View Post
    This has been discussed a lot, do a search. I do not use Nobletec because of the shit QC.
    Never had any problems with Nobletec before. The glock kept on eating and eating and eating... Using one of the first blackberries so searching is a biatch. Some are not as fortunate as others

"We did notice a "krapmerk" on each of the ejected casings that wasn't there before today though. Linear, going down vertically along each case. I cleaned and inspected my firearm, but could not see anything suspicious."

This is the real question.

Thanks Streetracer, will give the global precisions a try soon!

User

There is a south-african cell nr on the box.. I'll give them a shout and see if we can buy direct. I realy enjoy them as they are cheap and reliable sofar. Some time ago we shot 400 of them at Flora guns through a G19 with no FTE or FTF.. And since then that's the only reload we buy and no issues

User

I have shot Nobletecs through a 9mmP, .40 and a .45. The QC is an issue, and I have had more FTE/FTF with .45 than on the 9mmP. Personally, I won't risk my firearm shooting cheap ammo.

Helped you out

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...q-9mm-I-m-done

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-reloads/page2

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...h-one-is-safer

User

I initially had the same problem with some of my reloads, using very old brass. Happened in a shoot and I went through the 2 minutes allowed to clear malfunctions with out clearing it. Happened a few times with that batch. To clear a solid jam like this I hold the gun by the slide firmly as if I'm going tot rack it. With the strong hand hit into the grip as if you going to grip the gun, but hit hard. After a couple of smacks it will normally dislodge. I have a few rounds were you can see the brass stripped /pushed back by the slide forcing the oversize case into the chamber. I take care with sizing, and before any major shoot/competition I take the barrel out and drop each round in the chamber checking perfect fit. Newer brass has maybe resulted in one or two in about 3000 rounds.

User

Here is a picture of one of my rounds. Since then I have stopped shooting lead in my Glock. I was told/read the Glock has a slight enlarged chamber towards the bottom (not exactly round). The brass deforms into this, and if not resized properly and left with the bulge, you end up with a FTF if the buldge ends up being fed into a differernt section of chamber, hence the importance of resizing. Maybe your rounds were previously fired in a Glock. Good chance considering it's the best handgun available, and there are a lot out there. :))

User

Notice the solid ring at the back of the casing, just above the rim?
    That casing should have been discarded LOOOOOONG time ago!!!!
    It is almost at the point where it would cause a catastophic case rupture and seperate the rim from the rest of the casing.

If you want to continue shooting crappy ammo in your expensive guns, then please do yourself a favour and put each round through a case guage from either Lyman of Dillon before you fire it. Costs about R200, and you would never have this problem of cases getting stuck in the chamber. It will not resolve the stovepipe.
    Stovepipes are almost always caused by:
    1. Too little powder in the case.
    2. Limp wristing.

BTW when I do the inspection of the cases before I decide to reload them, I will discard all cases where the ridge just above the rim reveals itself and is 360 degrees around the case.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast