Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Best AR Platform In SA

From what I have read on the SIG seems very good , But concerned that the price will be at least 10K more than the NEA or PAR

User

Imo anything semi-auto/rifle and mags that are USA manufactured are going to be in very short supply to us here in SA for the next several months (and I really hope it will be that short of a period) - we may be pleasantly surprised and this does not happen but indications are not favorable.

User

We will have some Schmeissers again in a couple of months but they are closer to 30k in price.

User

I have heard of a couple of unconfirmed reports that the NEA's AR-15 are still having some teething problems? Is this true or just rumors?

User

There's a reason that they're unconfirmed...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I have encountered one Norinco and although it ran fine, it battled to eject the unfired round to make safe.
    Probably nothing more than incorrectly sized brass, it will happen with any 223/556.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Tom View Post
    I have heard of a couple of unconfirmed reports that the NEA's AR-15 are still having some teething problems? Is this true or just rumors?
    Well I can tell you what the truth is and I can tell you what the rumours are and were.

Go check the HBA forum for the older rumours in respect of which we are still waiting for someone to own up to them.

This is what I received recently in respect of the latest rumours which areapparently being spread by a dealer - the authors did not want to tell who the dealer is:

1) several NEAs came from the factory with"warped" barrels = BULLSHIT.

2) 3 or 4 NEAs "burst"barrels on the range = BULLSHIT.

3)
    The NEA claims it can shoot bothcalibres but unless the chamber is reamed aftermarket, the pressure spike whengoing to 5.56 nato due to headspace is the risk you take. Without a bullbarrel…that may be a problem at some stage…even fatal.” = BULLSHIT.

It is interesting that we were made aware of the "warped" and"burst" (those are the very same words the 2 different authors used) barrel rumours very recently and in the same week - coincidence? I challenge anyone out there to bring me these rifles - we have not seen them. The authors both told me that they believed these rumours and passed on the information to others.

Andy37 posted a useless generalisation again last night about "broken" NEAs and when I see a general sweeping statement like that I can just wonder why the OWNERS would sit with these "broken" rifles and not have it fixed or returned tous to have it fixed?

The truth is:

1) we received a batch of rifles early on where some of the rifles had problem triggers - NEA supplied replacements and all the errant triggers were replaced free of charge.

2) we had several rifles spread over 2 batches where the bolts would break off a lug or 2 under use - NEA changed to another bolt supplier when the problem became apparent, supplied replacement bolts and all the bolts that exhibited problems were replaced free of charge and I am not aware of a bolt from the newsupplier that were replaced or where installed in the latest batches of riflesthat gave any problems.

3) a few rifles out of different batches arrived with misaligned gas blockswhich required the 2 grub screws to be loosened the gas block aligned and thescrews tightened.

4) about 4 in total extractors were replaced.

5) NEA and HBA are doing the utmost to address any problem that crop up and afaik there is no NEA owner here in SA that cannot use his rifle as I write this.

Are there so called “teething” problems with the last batchof rifles ? – None that I am aware of.
    Last edited by DS; 13-06-2013 at 16:09.

User

owned, hehehe

NEA rifles, are as good as any out there and in some respects even better,the nitrided BCG and barrel is ahead of the curve. Certainly their guarantee is unsurpassed.

User

Thanks Kumba !! for clearing that up ,,,, I mut say though that NEA did not do themselves any favors by having such poor QC , These rifles seem like a really good buy but one might be the unlucky owner of one that slipped through poor QC and have some silly thing go wrong. I really hope that this process in the manufacture of these rifles gets stepped up to the appropriate levels for all us AR lovers:)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast