Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Farm Attacks - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    I am glad that your community is the farmers are more vigilant, but unfortunately ady is quite correct, I know a lot of farmers in quite a number of different areas and of these 2 are serious about their security and 2 are starting to think about becoming serious. I always try to talk to the ones with whom I have a close relationship about becoming more concious about it, most of them think the I am paranoid to EDC.
    I hear you guys, I've lamented the exact same thing on this and other farm attack threads. I fear that unless the individual agricultural professional's mindset to their individual and family's safety changes, the slaughter will continue unabated.

User

Elderly couple murdered in the Free State
    13:34 (GMT+2), Tue, Tuesday, January 15, 2013
    The bodies of an elderly couple were found in a tuck shop on their farm outside Parys in the Free State earlier on Tuesday. Police spokesperson Thandi Mbambo said the pair were last seen in the tuck shop between 5 and 6pm on Monday. The body of the man was found on the floor, while the woman's body was in a deep freezer. The cause of death is not yet known. Police are following up on clues to track down the ki... read more

User

Ai tog!

Elderly couple killed on Free State farm

2013-01-15 14:25

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...-farm-20130115

(Picture: News24)

Bloemfontein - An elderly couple was found dead on the farm Somerset near Parys, police said on Tuesday. Spokesperson Colonel Thandi Mbambo said the couple's bodies were found in a tuck shop they ran from a garage on the farm.

"The husband was found on the floor of the tuck shop, with his feet tied and head covered with a material sack."
    The body of the woman, aged between 70 and 75, was found tucked into a freezer.

"No visible injuries were found on the bodies," said Mbambo.

The victims' bodies were taken to the state mortuary where post mortems would be conducted to determine the cause of deaths.

Farmhouse ransacked
    Police said a domestic worker arrived at the house at 07:30 on Tuesday and found the farmhouse ransacked.
    Mbambo said the woman searched for the couple but could not find them.

A neighbour also arrived and helped to search for the couple, until they were found in the tuck shop.
    Police said no arrests had been made.

Mbambo said the motive for the killing could be robbery.

Free State police commissioner Major General Moeketsi Sempe has condemned the killing of elderly people who are unable to defend themselves.

Police urged the community to provide information that could assist in identifying the people responsible for the crime.
    - SAPA
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Animals. Plain and simple cowardly animals.

User

It's just plain sickening! It's a genocide in this country. The law abiding citizens of this country need to wake up and quick, very quick! If this doesn't get thwarted soon, we'll be looking at a massive wipe out of the population in South Africa, including those that have it in mind to migrate and will. Time to pro actively combat the criminal starting with the education of the law abiding citizen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zulushark View Post
    It's just plain sickening! It's a genocide in this country. The law abiding citizens of this country need to wake up and quick, very quick! If this doesn't get thwarted soon, we'll be looking at a massive wipe out of the population in South Africa, including those that have it in mind to migrate and will. Time to pro actively combat the criminal starting with the education of the law abiding citizen.
    Unfortunately you cannot teach those that refuse to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanShooter View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot teach those that refuse to learn.
    Too true. I suppose lots of people, farmers included, believe that if they refuse to think 'bad thoughts' then nothing bad will happen to them. This is a sickening fact of life, but one we see all around the world in every race, colour and creed.

I do sympathize but I find it more and more difficult to really 'feel' for people like this, who ignore facts and pretend everything is rosey when it most assuredly is not. It is as if they are more than willing to sacrifice themselves rather than take a stand and get serious about personal and farm protection.

For them to then turn around and accuse guys like us on this forum of being 'paranoid' is insanity at lts' finest. Sorry but if they are willing to die I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for any of them.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Too true. I suppose lots of people, farmers included, believe that if they refuse to think 'bad thoughts' then nothing bad will happen to them. This is a sickening fact of life, but one we see all around the world in every race, colour and creed.

I do sympathize but I find it more and more difficult to really 'feel' for people like this, who ignore facts and pretend everything is rosey when it most assuredly is not. It is as if they are more than willing to sacrifice themselves rather than take a stand and get serious about personal and farm protection.

For them to then turn around and accuse guys like us on this forum of being 'paranoid' is insanity at lts' finest. Sorry but if they are willing to die I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for any of them.
    I tend to agree with you a 100%

User

Quote Originally Posted by farmer-el View Post
    Ady is spot on with his deductions. Sad, but true. Farmer's do no take there security seriously. Some do , but most don't. I was asked by my uncle last week, why I carry a gun. We are all targets, I'm just not a soft one.
    +1000000000

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast