Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remington Rifle

Default Remington Rifle

I'm in the process of buying a .270 Remington 700 ADL.How does this rifle compare to other manufacturers 270 ?
    The rifle is brand new with synthetic stock.
    Thanks

Frans

Default Re: Remington Rifle

Remington are OK.

You could spend some money to have it refine a little, that what a lot of american do.

How much are you spending on the Remy? :)

The price is R6000.00

Buy it!!!

It a very good price for a new gun.

Can't find the model 700 ADL from Remington website. I'm guessing this could be the older model.

Still a good buy considered the price.
    As I said, later if you want to you could always spend a little money to refine it.

Friend of mine also have a Remy 700 .270 in wood stock. He like that gun a lot.

User

Miss warren down at the nursery is OK!!! hpy71

I think Koos Barnard of magnum has a 700 ADL in 30-06 and he speaks highly of it. With propper barrel break in there arent that many Remmingtons that doesnt shoot well.
    I have a mod 700 sendero in 300winmag and that rifle puts everything into one hole at 100m.
    Its usually a close race when it comes to small groups from the bench @ 100m between my Sako's and my Remmington.
    I dont think you can go wrong with the Remington.

just got my licence and finished shooting in my mod 700 in 30-06 also adl, couldn't be happier, it groups well (as well i can shoot it) is comfortable enough to put 50 rounds through it in a morning and light as a feather sooooooo nice for carrying, you wont be dissapointed i guarantee it and for 6000 you got a good price too

User

I agree with all the posts so far! I have a 30-06 ADL - also bought after KoosB evaluated the one he owns. No real mods and she shoots 0.25inch groups with reloaded ammo. Barrel delivers tight groups at 35% and 85%

User

Eish finger trouble...

The barrel delviers tight groups at 35% and 85% of the Somchem reload table for S365. So far, all bullets weights (PMP, Hornady, Rhino) use the same load to deliver the same tight groups!!! Makes it easy to shoot everything sall the time! Great out-of-the-box rifle!

User

I see remington rifles are cheap. At i think nsn on jean avenue they have the 30-06 for 9.5k with a scope new. And synthetic stock :) seem like good buy

I think the R9.5k rifle you are referring to is the 770 model Remington rifle which I understand is not that great. The 700 model rifle is apparently the one to get. Do a search on the 770 model and you will find that many people refer to them as "throw-away-rifles". Good for a few shots.

I was also thinking about the 770 but would rather look around a bit more as I want my rifle to last a lifetime.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast