Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: NEO-BALLISTOL

Default Re: NEO-BALLISTOL

Traumeel is homeopathic

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Med Clin North Am. 2002 Jan;86(1):47-62.
    Homeopathy.
    Merrell WC1, Shalts E.
    Author information

1Continuum Center for Health and Healing, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, New York, USA. eshalts@bethisraelny.org

Abstract

Especially in the United States, homeopathy has not become integrated into mainstream medical practice; this is partly because of the historical paucity of quality published research studies or quality educational programs. More recently, there have been better-designed studies in reputable journals, although historically most studies have been inconclusive or of poor methodology. The confusion around homeopathy in the United States exists for several reasons: 1. One of the main reasons for the relative disinterest or opposition to homeopathy is that even well-designed clinical studies on homeopathy leave the reader without any protocol-driven tools to take into daily practice. Individualization of treatment, or, as it is called today, differential therapeutics, is the main requirement of successful homeopathic prescribing. Only well-trained homeopathic practitioners are able to carry out such a task. In many articles that reported positive outcomes for homeopathy, numerous homeopathic remedies had been prescribed for the same diagnostic category. Critics suggest that the pooling of data from trials using different therapeutic agents to assess the overall success of homeopathic prescribing is incorrect. Research protocols that employ combination remedies, in which a medication contains several homeopathic remedies, fall into the same category. 2. Many of the positive and negative studies published are flawed with numerous methodologic problems. One of the most common problems is a lack of objective validated outcome measures. Another common problem is a small sample size. In most positive and negative meta-analyses published to date, research data are pulled together artificially based on either a diagnostic category or a particular remedy. Frequently the concentration of the remedy used and the conditions to which it has been applied are different. Ernst and Pittler published a letter with a critique of the methodology used in one of the meta-analyses of clinical trials of homeopathy. Most importantly, professional homeopaths and conventional scientists criticize the choice of remedy or the condition to which it was applied or both. The design and follow-up in migraine studies has been criticized extensively by one of the world's leading homeopaths, Vithoulkas (personal communication, 1997). Most of the Arnica studies have been designed with either an inappropriate dosing regimen or an inappropriately chosen procedure. In most positive studies on homeopathy, the outcome measures were subjective and poorly quantifiable. 3. Few well-designed studies have been reproduced by independent research teams. This situation exists for two major reasons: lack of sufficient funding and lack of a sufficient number of well-trained homeopaths qualified and interested to participate in research. 4. More rigorous educational programs on homeopathy for professionals need to be encouraged. Most of the existing programs are designed for consumers; academic continuing medical education-quality courses are needed. Meanwhile, while the debate around homeopathy still continues in conventional medical circles, the general public has been using the services of homeopathic practitioners and homeopathic remedies increasingly. In many countries, homeopathy and other complementary modalities have been integrated successfully into a larger armamentarium for the modern physician. According to a study published in 1995 in the Journal of the American Board of Family Practice, 69% of family practice physicians expressed interest in learning more about homeopathy. Increasing public and professional interest calls for attempts to study homeopathy in a more systematic way and to provide quality academic overview for medical practitioners. The growing number of complementary and alternative medicine centers affiliated with major teaching hospitals should provide a solid interface between evidence-based biologic medicine and many emerging complementary and alternative medicine modalities, including homeopathy.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

As clinical trials are expensive, could it be that they are not extensively and/or rigorously conducted because homeopathic remedies cannot be patented?

The British Association of Homeopathic Veterinary Surgeons

The Association

The Association was formed in 1982, to advance the understanding, knowledge and practice of veterinary homeopathy (homoeopathy / homœopathy). It aims to stimulate professional awareness of homeopathy and to encourage and provide for the training of veterinary surgeons in the practice of homeopathy. It is an open forum, for the various differing approaches to the subject of veterinary homeopathy and its application, allowing for constructive interchanges of ideas.

The Association has a written constitution, adopted in 1988. Members follow a Code of Practice, adopted in 1998, which is regularly reviewed.

The membership has now grown to 140.

The Association has held an annual congress since 1986, the first being a day meeting, but latterly the Congress has grown to a three-day event. The energy and conviviality that have been generated at these conferences has become legendary.

A newsletter is produced four times yearly and a library of audio tapes is maintained.

The BAHVS is involved in major issues such as nosode use, prescribing by pharmacists, product licences, etc. It is also contributing to the compilation of a Veterinary Materia Medica and of a Veterinary Repertory, in association with the IAVH.
    Last edited by KK20; 20-02-2015 at 16:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicyale View Post
    As clinical trials are expensive, could it be that they are not extensively and/or rigorously conducted because homeopathic remedies cannot be patented?
    It is more about the level of awareness and acceptance within the population and government toward it more than anything else.

The factories that make these products will put to shame many manufacturing plants in terms of GMP and efficiency.

Just a note, I could not care about the slugging match between the groups.
    All I am interested in is that if there is a product that is beneficial to the well being of living things (better quality of life) and it ticks the boxes of the protocols used in modern science , I will use it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    Here's hickok45's opinion:

Noob question. I noticed he pushed the cleaning rod into the barrel in one direction then extracted it in the opposite direction. Are you not meant to push the whole rod through the barrel in one direction, namely the direction the projectile travels?

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWF View Post
    Noob question. I noticed he pushed the cleaning rod into the barrel in one direction then extracted it in the opposite direction. Are you not meant to push the whole rod through the barrel in one direction, namely the direction the projectile travels?
    Noob answer: How would we do that with the factory cleaning kit?

Edit: http://www.gunlistings.org/uploads/1...19110155_1.jpg

User

Quote Originally Posted by SWF View Post
    As long as you do not stop half way in the barrel, must go through all the way, then back again

I have been using it for 19 years and it is number 1

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6