Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: SIRT training pistol

I think that I fiddled with them at the Firearms Expo at Ghallager last year, at the Southern Arms/BERNARD stand. I am very impressed with them - excellent "feel" - worlds apart from my gas blowback airsoft pistol that I use for a similar purpose.

I do not think that they are expensive as a training tool - as most things like this need to be seen in the context within which the purchase will be made. The obvious advantage is having immediate visual feedback.

By way of example, I took up competitive ISSF shooting to teach myself how to shoot accurately with a pistol. I could buy two of these for what I have spent on my airpistol alone, and while my Hammerli215 was cheap to buy, it is by no means cheap to run if you are wanting to achieve any real skill level with it.

At the same show there were all these people mobbing a tall guy for his autograph...I only later found out that this was BigT
    Last edited by Sweet; 25-01-2013 at 13:30.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    At the same show there were all these people mobbing a tall guy for his autograph...I only later found out that this was BigT
    I wouldn't say "tall" ............... maybe tall sideways

I was 'this' close to buying a G17 version today, but...alas...a guy showed up selling a NIB Dan Wesson CCO for a song and I bought it instead. But I DO think these are excellent tools!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

I also bilieve that the SIrt Is an excellent training tool. It is extensivly used when we train with the Laser Shot system..With the SIRT we get immediate accurate and measurable results which can be printed and kept. I am also impressed with the converted Airsoft gun with a fitted laser( all makes ) CZ SIG S&W. One now has the advantage of more reality because of the recoil, and when doing dry firing and practicing all the ideas all ready mentioned. These recoil guns will be exported to Israel soon.
    The concept of simulation training is catching on quickly because of costs and people wanting more reality to get the experience needed for survival ie with BG moving in real time in real situations Also available are some excellent drills. From teaching basics to advanced .. its all here... I think that training facilities will spring up in SA as they have done in Europe and the USA. The costs of shooting as someone said will become insignificant with the SIRT and the converted Airsoft guns playing a very important training role

Anyone have any idea who currently stock these as well as spare mag and perhaps price please?
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

I got mine from Bernhard Agencies / BigT

Thanks P2W!
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Would you use a SIRT in FoF training? Obviously avoiding the eyes. Or would the risk be too great?

Pain is a good teacher.

My Airsofts don't last :-(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast