Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Run in with SAPS...

Hi all,

Thought I would post my run in with a SAPS constable, this last saturday morning.
    I was pulled over in Rosebank (Jhb) for a 'suposed' traffic violation at 11h30.
    According to Mr. Constable, I overtook him (unmarked, white sedan with GP plates and tinted windows) on a barrier line.
    I disagreed as I checked this before making the decision to overtake (broken white line to barrier line) Mr.Constable who was travelling at 40 KM/H in a 60 zone.
    I thus was in a predicament as I wasn't going to back down for something I hadn't done.

So I get pulled over, get out of my vehicle as does Mr.Constable and we proceed to chat.
    I get grilled as to why I overtook on a barrier line, which I dispute, this goes back 'n forth, getting more menacing as it proceeds...

Mr.Constable then notices the catch of my IWB holster sticking out of my jeans. He asks me what it is and I explain its my SD pistol.
    Mr.Constable asks me to see the pistol, I say 'fine' and proceed to pull it out. Mr.Constable has a mild fit and tells me I cannot remove the pistol myself, he must do it.

I refuse flat out as Mr.Constable has no place touching my pistol until I have made it safe (cleared the chambered Speer GD) and removed the mag.
    Mr.Constable freaks out further and reaches forward and removes the pistol from me. I was very pissed off at this point and proceed to kuk mr.occifer out for removing my pistol without my permission. This is just the start...

He then asks me for my license, which I show him. He then requests my ID book, I pull out my drivers license (which is an acceptable form of ID, incl. banks/post office) and show him that. Mr.Constable doesn't like this idea and wants to know where my ID book is. I check my cubby for it, but alas, as feared is at home in my safe.
    I provide my temp. derivers license with an updated photo along with my ID no etc. Mr. Constable proceeds to kuk on me for not having my ID book on me and threatens to confiscate my pistol and take it to Norwood SAPS where he would section 21 me.

Now, in as far as the FCA is concerned, I need to provide my firearm license and be able to correctly ID myself. Which to my understanding can be in the form of a driver's license. Nowhere have I seen that I am required to be in possession of my ID book while carrying any of my firearms.
    Mr.Constable then starts kukking me out for carrying my pistol one-up! According to Mr.Constable, this is against the law and extremely dangerous! Now I know that SAPS training requires that SAPS members carry their pistols chamber empty and that racking of the pistol is escalation of force. This however, does not apply to Joe Public (who often is better trained and more competant than Mr. Constable).

After moving on from the chamber story, Mr.Constable asks why I am using an IWB hoster, because (and I 'quote'), "They are ILLEGAL!". He tells me I must buy a bikini holster as this is the correct holster for civilians to use.

After more pointless, idiotic banter Mr.Constable releases my pistol to me, requsts me to check the firearm and releases me on a warning.
    All I can say is "WTF"! These guys are supposed to know the FCA, yet he was blatantly incompetant and had a serious attitude problem.
    I eventually had to back down or as Mr.Constable put it, "I would hate to ruin your weekend".

Anyone wonder why I (or any of us) carry a pistol? Simple, because guys like Mr.Constable are what I have to contend with to protect me.... I think not.

Default Re: Run in with SAPS...

a quick read of this indicates serious short comings, breaks in training, incorrect procedure, lack of legal knowlegde etc etc on the officers side! Should this happen again please take him up on his offer to go to Norwood SAPS in fact demand it, even better phone 10111 and ask for police assistance at that scene, make issue of your rights that specific incident could be tantamount to police harrasment! or better phone SSP let him raise hell for you, he is very good at that!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

You are within your rights to still put in a Statement against the Constable.
    It's not your problem if you are more up to date with the FCA( Firearm Confiscation Abortion) than what he is.
    As was mentioned, insist on going to the Norwood CSC or call 10111 for assistance.

As for the traffic offence, you have every right to contest a Traffic fine in your local Municipal Court.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Thanks for the reply guys, was as I thought.
    Wasn't sure calling 10111 at the time was a good idea, Mr. Constable looked like a 10111 boytjie (black tactical vest) and I thought it may just escalate into a BIG issue, ending in my arrest.

Did you get traceable information like vehicle registration or badge number?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    Thanks for the reply guys, was as I thought.
    Wasn't sure calling 10111 at the time was a good idea, Mr. Constable looked like a 10111 boytjie (black tactical vest) and I thought it may just escalate into a BIG issue, ending in my arrest.
    NO you want it to escalate, call their bluff, if dunder head wants to escalate it welcome it bro, if you know you are in the right go full ball the sue the frikking budget away from them in a civil claim suit! he is intimidating you in fact depending on the circumstances open a case of intimidation! make sure its escalated enough that a senior officer gets called!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTalin
    badge number?
    SAPS do not have badge numbers they have persal numbers which is on the appt certificate which is not normally displayed on the jacket and you usually only see the front with photo and name

User

Brendank: Arrest for what?
    As you said, you never broke any Traffic violations, and overtaking on a soid line is not arrestable.
    Call for assistance if he doesn't know what he's doing.
    If you get locked up, lean back and smile.
    You'll be released when someone more senior finds out, and they state will be funding some more toys for you after the civil case.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani
    You are within your rights to still put in a Statement against the Constable.
    It's not your problem if you are more up to date with the FCA( Firearm Confiscation Abortion) than what he is.
    As was mentioned, insist on going to the Norwood CSC or call 10111 for assistance.

As for the traffic offence, you have every right to contest a Traffic fine in your local Municipal Court.
    100% correct in fact your duty as a good citizen insists that you do if you can identify this specific gestapo wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani
    Brendank: Arrest for what?
    As you said, you never broke any Traffic violations, and overtaking on a soid line is not arrestable.
    Call for assistance if he doesn't know what he's doing.
    If you get locked up, lean back and smile.
    You'll be released when someone more senior finds out, and they state will be funding some more toys for you after the civil case.
    again abso frikkin lutely if I might +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 spot frikking on!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast