Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default VBR Belgium Armor Piercing Bullets

iFly brought these bullets up no another thread, not wanting to hijack it Ive started a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKMz3tYx-M

Double edged sword.Just imagine if those got into the wrong hands? We have already seen perps on this site with BP vests.

"Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Default Re: VBR Belgium Armor Piercing Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH
    Double edged sword.Just imagine if those got into the wrong hands? We have already seen perps on this site with BP vests.
    Yes, but it is like denying the BG the right to wear Kevlar vests ;)

I know its been discussed somewhere before, I unfortunately cant remember what the outcome was.

Are bullets like these legal for civilian use? I'm referring specifically to South Africa and the new FACA
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

I was wondering where this thought originated and I think I've found one of the sources - the ATF:

The transportation of small arms ammunition is regulated by the Federal government in 49CFR173.63 (link to document at Note 1 below). This regulation also defines packaging requirements. To determine the specific hazardous material code for ammunition (UN code) other than that which 49CFR173.63 authorized to be shipped as ORM-D, contact the Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Hotline (800) 467-4922.

The ATF also regulates the interstate transportation of small arms ammunition. A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is not required to either ship or receive small arms ammunition shipped interstate in the US . Basically the ATF, in 27CFR178 (specifically 27CFR178.32 & 99), (http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...cfr178_02.html) prohibits the shipment of armor piercing ammunition and prohibits the shipment of any ammunition to a person known to:

Be under 21 years of age
    Live in a state where the shipment is prohibited
    Be under indictment for, or, has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year
    Be a fugitive from justice
    Be an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance
    Have been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution
    Be an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States
    According to the FCA, the government needs to declare certain caliber restricted or prohibited, but to my knowledge, they have not done so for any caliber. The FCA does not say anything about the bullets though.

User

While I believe a quality JHP would be a far superior choice against unarmoured threats these would make an interesting choice for the spare mag.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH
    iFly brought these bullets up no another thread, not wanting to hijack it Ive started a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKMz3tYx-M

Damn!! Those look awesome. Now, where do I get some??

Yes! I am also after them.

If you know someone who can import them for us from Belgium, let me know, I will buy a packet of 1000 in a heart beat.

I will gladly donate both my nuts to have some of these..... cfd89 cfd89 cfd89

User

Quote Originally Posted by Corné
    I will gladly donate both my nuts to have some of these..... cfd89 cfd89 cfd89
    I'll keep one at least. Could someone import these?

User

That is hectic wonder if it will go threw my ak plate aswell, I hope this type of round doesnt enter the country and gets into bg's nj hands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast