Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks in KZN?

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns
    A dealer selling a Gen 4 for R8000 should rather sell a few Glock mags and a box or 2 of ammo, as that will keep him open longer.

DSH
    A dealer selling a Gen 4 for 8k should sell the gun AND a few mags, ammo, holster, cleaning kit, knife and range bag etc. Many successful retail businesses are built on the concept of add on sales. Anyone who shoots and trains responsibly will know the gun is going to be the cheapest of what he is going to spend in the long run. Treat it as a loss leader and sell those add ins. That is where the margins are.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Glocks in KZN?

using bertie's figure of 4K then due to our south african economic environment , then anything under 11k is a fair price.

if a retailer in RSA makes less than 35 % GP he will close down.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

i agree with farmer

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    using bertie's figure of 4K then due to our south african economic environment , then anything under 11k is a fair price.

if a retailer in RSA makes less than 35 % GP he will close down.
    KK...that is a pipe dream Most competing dealers of Glocks aren't even making 15% GP.
    And Bertie...landed at R4000-5000? Are you just being silly now? The landed cost to the importer is more than that, never mind to the dealer and then the shop.
    The fact that some shops aren't making 15% is a shame, and fact that the public expects/demands that, says a lot.

DSG

DSG,

i am NOT saying that they do make 35 GP .. what i am saying is that the RSA economic environment NEEDS us to be at 35 GP for a good thriving business.

the fact that dealers are going to 15 means they are sacrificing and really taking strain.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    KK...that is a pipe dream Most competing dealers of Glocks aren't even making 15% GP.
    And Bertie...landed at R4000-5000? Are you just being silly now? The landed cost to the importer is more than that, never mind to the dealer and then the shop.
    The fact that some shops aren't making 15% is a shame, and fact that the public expects/demands that, says a lot.

DSG
    My figures on the bloody importing etc might be wrong, but I will not support a business because he thinks a selling price is fair according to his reasoning. I will shop around for the best deal or best service and if that dealer goes out of business, so be it, better business planning next time. Because we have such limited options in SA, it irks me if a "business" tries to take advantage of that and then calls it "good business".

I am not cross with anyone and do not want to be confrontational, but I just feel cheated sometimes when I look at the prices and options available on the international market.

So I will frequent all the establishments (including DSG) in future, and if I find something I like and it does not appear that the dealer is excesively pricing it, just because it is not as freely avaible in this country as others, I will aquire it, hopefully with some good service to top it off.

So peace everyone.

i think it is wrong to compare international prices and then expect to buy here in RSA

look at the cost of text books in RSA vs USA , UK and INDIA.

User

Hi, I am looking to buy a glock, so i just wanted to know who should I check with for pricing? thanks in advance...

Hi,im also in the market for a Glock 19,Ive been quoted up to R12500 in Durban ,compared to JHB at around 8k,But i guess this thread is a year old already.

User

I'll see if there are any at the locals here and what they are priced at. Will let know after lunch.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast