Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Hunting Season 2013. Where are your hunting plans for this season?

So it's that time of year where men start getting that weird feeling that's embedded in our DNA when the seasons start to change. It might be a photo of a previous hunt, the sight of a yellow leaf, a chill in the morning, Edgars putting more autumn stuff on display, your local gun shop advertising pre-season specials, fetching something miscellaneous out of you safe and catching a whiff of the smell that only a gun-safe has, or just a whiff of someone upwind braaiing with hardekool.

Either way it's almost time and soon the journey to the veld will be undertaken with good company - and bitong and droëwors.

What are your plans for this season? Where are you going, what do you plan to shoot, how are you planning to process the meat?

User

Default Re: Hunting Season 2013. Where are your hunting plans for this season?

Province: Free State
    Time: May
    Rifle: Musgrave .308 RSA action
    Scope: Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 Mil dot
    Animals: 1x Springbok, 1 x BlackWB or Blesbok
    Meat: Lots of biltong, fillet of springbok, mince

User

Nothing concrete yet.

Been finding out about kudu prices from friends in the bushveld, but won't know until closer to the season.

A friend and I are playing superbru (6 nations) for the first shot at a warthog on his father in laws farm (I'm in the lead by 2 points). He's just had a custom .308 Norma Magnum built and I haven't hunted a warty with my dirty old 6 yet.

Unfortunately my fallow deer hunt with another friend fell through because of an ear operation (guy had to have a tiny piston inserted in his ear to help the vibration, took a shot with his 16 bore shotty and dislodged the piston. Had to have a new piston re-inserted and basically this has stopped him from hunting).

User

I'm going to hunt in Botswana!! :) :) :) can't wait for it. Not to sure what I will be hunting, have a budget that needs to be depleted lol.

User

My Father in law is taking me and my two brothers in law for a hunt in Namibia kalahari.

Gemsbok and maybe a springbok or two.

First outing for my Browning. Well first real hunt.

User

No plans yet, have to see what work has in mind. I heard rumours of retrenchments....

User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I'm going to hunt in Botswana!! :) :) :) can't wait for it. Not to sure what I will be hunting, have a budget that needs to be depleted lol.
    For a moment there I thought botswana has already banned all hunting but that is from 1 Jan 2014 enjoy the hunt it will probably be your last hunt there.
    http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/Botswana-to-ban-wildlife-hunting-20121129

User

Quote Originally Posted by 308FN View Post
    For a moment there I thought botswana has already banned all hunting but that is from 1 Jan 2014 enjoy the hunt it will probably be your last hunt there.
    http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/Botswana-to-ban-wildlife-hunting-20121129
    They banned hunting from public land, not from private land.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    They banned hunting from public land, not from private land.
    Oops....didn't see that part....well enjoy it anyway. Hope you get what you are after.

User

Fallow deer in March (2 hunts) = chops with fat and biltong the rest. Yummy! Can't wait
    Hartebeest, Gemsbok and Mountain Rheedbuck in May.
    and maybe I get invited to some bushbuck hunts in June and July.
    and I between ill do as much warthog and jackal hunting as I can.
    hope 2013 will be good to me and wishing everyone else the very best.
    Happy hunting everyone!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast