Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Sleeping with a 9mm....

I was listening to the radio as I drove and I heard the presenter go on about how many foreign journo's were all asking him if it was normal for South africans to sleep with a gun next to the bed. He was incredulous and said that the vast majority dont. At first I thought well many more should and many would like to but cant afford the process.

Then I took a mental step back, and I came to an entirely different conclusion:
    Most middle income and pretty much all upper income do sleep with a gun readily accessible.
    Dont believe me?

Well for sure the dont have their hands on it, but they certainly have armed response. They have recognized the need to take measures to protect themselves and families etc. and have recognized that being armed is the way to do it. They just chose to pay someone else to do it for them. They would rather someone else risks their lives. They are happy to run the risk that the company they hired will be there when they need them and that they will be able to get there before any harm comes to them. They are happy that if things go bad, that someone else will bleed on their behalf for a pittance (relatively speaking). They are not happy though to take responsibility for themselves.
    Last edited by Bushboy; 23-02-2013 at 12:04. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Sleeping with a 9mm....

And yet, they won't be surprised when the security can't (or won't) be there when SHTF. If they survive, they will probably hate themselves for not being prepared, and get a gun and sleep with it within reach, no longer thinking that I am paranoid for doing it.

User

Worst part is the guy that lives in the sticks,or a shack somewhere! No money for armed response,even if there was one available,and the nearest copshop miles away,manned by guys who dont particularly care,and if they do,dont have a serviceable vehicle to even pitch up after the fact...

Rather paranoid than delusional and dead!

User

I sleep with my Glock .40 and I'm not ashamed to say so...........no cuddling involved!!

I sleep with my Vektor SP1 and I'm also not ashamed to say so..... and I like to cuddle it, and feel it, and like to watch it!!

User

Armed response, police.. all the same thing, outsourcing the duty to protect yourself and your family to somebody else.

Will snuggle up to a 9 with a smile on my face.

User

9 inches is better, but each to his own.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Good op-i personally prefer to sleep with my glock 19 dressed in a x300 with 18 ranger t's filling it and a spare mag or 2 next to it.better safe than sorry.

User

I sleep with my PPQ under my pillow and first thing I think about when waking up at night is the pistol orientation in relation to my sleeping position for quick drawing, wife think I am getting senile, luckily it look like I am not the only one.

Banned

CarlosC, some advice you might consider: try tucking your dearly beloved PPQ next to your upper leg. That way, she is out of sight AND TOUCH of the BG's who first search your night stand, and then beneath your pillow. I'm pretty sure your PPQ wouldn't mind the bedsheat/duvet between herself and the BG, and your wife will happily buy new sheats or fix the holes after you surprise the BG with a few 9mm lifesavers. I have read about bedside holsters, but have no experience with them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast