Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Sleeping with a 9mm....

The badguy should not ever get to have the opportunity to tap you on the shoulder for a goodnight kiss gents,think "layers" or barriers,it way too late if the guy (s) are in the room already surely from you stop snoring!

User

Both my wife and I have a CZ75 and a pink G19 readily available at night. Small dog sleeps in the same room & two big sets of biological knives (Staffies) outside. Multiple barriers inside. Other stuff not listed as well.
    The Saiga is however in the safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    CarlosC, some advice you might consider: try tucking your dearly beloved PPQ next to your upper leg. That way, she is out of sight AND TOUCH of the BG's who first search your night stand, and then beneath your pillow. I'm pretty sure your PPQ wouldn't mind the bedsheat/duvet between herself and the BG, and your wife will happily buy new sheats or fix the holes after you surprise the BG with a few 9mm lifesavers. I have read about bedside holsters, but have no experience with them.
    Some pistols will not cycle properly when fired from underneath bedding. The best option in that context is a hammerless revolver.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Peashooter View Post
    I sleep with my Glock .40 and I'm not ashamed to say so...........no cuddling involved!!
    Same here Within arms reach

While I too have my pistol close at hand and nicely concealed, that wasn't the point of the thread. It was more about the hypocrisy of the sheeple. The maajority of whom are oblivious of this hypocrisy.

The poor folk who live in rural villages or in crowded townships or even the blue collar folk who live in matchbox houses and RDP houses can't afford armed response and have to rely on the cops who are also sort of armed response, although no one is under any illusions as to the response time being in the region of "too late". Thes are the people who would most benefit from having a gun at hand

User

Im one of the fortunate few able to afford a sample of my ancestral weapons and proud to bear my ancestral arms as well as feeling much safer owning some ancestral weapons in our wonderful hostile country. Mine sleeps in the top drawer of my bed stand on a nice soft blanky. I also took preventative precautions to fit thick bars in front of all windows and doors in order not to wake at night and find a starnger standing next to my bed. So I doubt I'll ever have to use my peacekeeper at night but keeping it close just in case. I also keep it close when outside having a "barbeque" / braai since i am then exposed by being outside the safety of my fortified house. (small holding living) When going to town, my peacekeeper always go with. In our great country one have to take responsibility for your own safety.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    9 inches is better, but each to his own.
    ha ha ha

User

You really should stop posting on old and dead threads, it's really not good forum practice. This thread has been dead for more than 5 years.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    You really should stop posting on old and dead threads, it's really not good forum practice. This thread has been dead for more than 5 years.

User

I recently joined the forum and reply to topics that interest me, not my fault if no one replies for a few years. And if it bothers you - delete old dead threads so people cannot reply to it.
    Its not good forum practice to keep old dead threads open.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast